Clayton picks Skins and Giants to advance.....

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
NFC East: Based on the schedule, the Commanders might have the best chance to pull out the division. This four-way race, though, should go down to the last two weeks. The Commanders' remaining foes have a combined 34-31 record, and the biggest challenges should come within the division. The two games against winning teams outside of the NFC East are vs. the Bucs and Chargers. They have winnable games against the Raiders and Cardinals. That's a far cry from what the Cowboys face.

The Cowboys have the toughest closing schedule in the division, against teams with a combined 39-25 record. Six of their next seven games are against winning teams, and they close with a tough one against the Rams. The other problem is location. They have three division games remaining, all on the road. They were 2-1 in the division home games. To make up that loss to the Commanders earlier this season, they have to win one or two divisional road games.

The Eagles' season could be determined in the next two weeks. They face the Cowboys Monday night and the Giants the following Sunday. If they lose both games, the season is pretty much over. They're already in last place, and they would lose their chance to catch up to the other winning teams in the division. They are already 0-2 in the NFC East and will start losing the tiebreakers if they can't make up ground over the next two weeks.

The Giants have a great chance to win the division or get a wild-card berth. They get the benefit of playing the Chiefs at home in December, but their other three December games are all on the road, and that could be tricky. All the teams in this division will have a tough time getting to 11 or 12 wins because they have to play too many good teams. Each team could end up playing a dozen games this year against teams with records of 8-8 or better. Plus, they will be beating up each other so much, the losses from those games will affect their seedings.
Prediction: Commanders win division, Giants grab wild card.

stiletto

Reaction score
roughneck266 said:
Friggin ********.

He makes good points about us. It's not going to be easy realistically. Obviously we can make our own destiny but it really is a tough order. I think we can do it but I just don't automatically think it is going to happen like a blind Homer.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
As I said in another post, John 'Wally Cox' Clayton is the only mediot dumber than 'The Peter King'.

Friggin ****** is exactly right.

Martice

Reaction score
Well these up coming games will reveal two things:

1) Either we are better than we were the first half of the season and we win some good and tough games that will shock most of the NFL community by storming into the playoffs.

2) We are closer to what our record is now and we finish around 9-7 or 10-6 which may not be good enough to see the second season.

It's soo hard to predict a lot of teams performance wise but we do have the toughest schedule and we need to improve on taking advantage of opportunities given to us if we are going to make the playoffs.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Clayton seems to always go against our Cowboys.........

CrazyCowboy is picking the Cowboys.......so take that Mr. Clayton!

lspain1

Reaction score
Hmmmm...his basic premise is, in a very competitive division where all the teams have some flaws, strength of schedule will ultimately determine the outcome. His idea is reasonable and so is his argument. It's pretty easy to nay say Dallas. Too many close games and Dallas has shown a lack of killer instinct with a couple of exceptions. If you take a glass half empty view of the team and look at the level of competition, Dallas could do fairly well and still lose out at the end. We saw a similar phenomena last year in the AFC.

Most of us on this board take the glass half full approach. An improved running game and a steadily improving defense will give us a better second half effort. Talent wise, we stack up well vs our competition on both sides of the ball. The exception to this is perhaps the OL but there is some reason for optimism there as well.

Well, we won't have to wait very long to see if he is right. Our '3 games in 11 days' is upon us now. By the end of Thanksgiving day when we are all stuffed to the gills we will have a clearer idea of where we stand.

roughneck266

Reaction score
stiletto said:
He makes good points about us. It's not going to be easy realistically. Obviously we can make our own destiny but it really is a tough order. I think we can do it but I just don't automatically think it is going to happen like a blind Homer.
His comments on us were the least ******** of the whole thing. His thinking that the forskinz would win the division.. now that's ********!
Now if you think I am a blind homer that's your opinion, but you really shouldn't be reading things into something that isn't there.

Zman5

Reaction score
Hey didn't Clayton just starred in a new movie? I think I saw him in a trailer for Chicken Little.