Clayton says Niners like Huff too

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
we have no real shot to get him unless he is on the board when Buffalo picks, and even then it would be a longshot to deal up

49ers | Team to choose between V. Davis and M. Huff?
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:15:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the San Francisco 49ers may be deciding between Maryland TE Vernon Davis and Texas CB/S Michael Huff as their first-round draft pick in the April 29-30 NFL Draft. Davis may merit the sixth pick in the draft because of his rare athletic ability, at 254 pounds, he's able to run a 4.38-second 40, but that's a lot of money to pay a tight end.

gbrittain

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
we have no real shot to get him unless he is on the board when Buffalo picks, and even then it would be a longshot to deal up

49ers | Team to choose between V. Davis and M. Huff?
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:15:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the San Francisco 49ers may be deciding between Maryland TE Vernon Davis and Texas CB/S Michael Huff as their first-round draft pick in the April 29-30 NFL Draft. Davis may merit the sixth pick in the draft because of his rare athletic ability, at 254 pounds, he's able to run a 4.38-second 40, but that's a lot of money to pay a tight end.

Just curious Dbair. You might have already discussed ad nauseam, but is Michael Huff on your unlikely to land in Dallas wish list?

I know for myself I am huge fan of his and can only imagine what a secondary would be like with Newman, Henry, Huff and Williams. Man that would be a secondary to respect.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Now is the time where every team loves every top prospect. It is nothing but jockeying now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't stand a chance in getting him regardless of that the Winers do.

Justis

Reaction score
good, I hope they pick him. That means more LBers stay on the board.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Huff would ensure that we would have the top secondary in the league for years to come. Any team that would try to pass on us would be in a World of hurt.

Unfortunately, we will have to trade a long way up to get Michael and I'm just not willing to do that when we have much more important needs elsewhere that can be solved at #18.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
im tired of settling for crummy CBs turned FS or late bum draft picks starting at FS for us. lets trade up and fix this problem.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Roy and Huff would be the best one-two safety punch in the league.. we could only dream.. what would be funny is that it would be a Sooner/Longhorn duo..

Roughneck

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
Roy and Huff would be the best one-two safety punch in the league.. we could only dream.. what would be funny is that it would be a Sooner/Longhorn duo..
Me thinks that the Cowboys coaches would have to keep them separated the entire second week of October for fear of a fight breaking out.

October 8th @ Philadelphia would be interesting in more ways than one.

:D

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

We would have quite a few Big 12 players in our secondary

Roy - OU
Huff - Texas
TNew - KSU
Glenn - A&M

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Just curious Dbair. You might have already discussed ad nauseam, but is Michael Huff on your unlikely to land in Dallas wish list?

I know for myself I am huge fan of his and can only imagine what a secondary would be like with Newman, Henry, Huff and Williams. Man that would be a secondary to respect.

I dont think its likely, but Adam Shefter at NFL Network swears we are interested in dealing up to get him, and now FWST is saying the same thing...Huff was at VR yesterday and is scheduled to meet with Parcells today

we'd need him to get past SF and Okaland and then need Buffalo to want to trade down...I doubt Detroit or Arizona will move down, Buffalo might thought because of money...my guess is Huff ends up in Detroit with 9 or St Louis at 11, if he's on the board for either of those teams

it would cost us our 1 and 2 this yr plus something else (probably 3 or 4 next yr) to move into Buffalo's spot to get him

David

gbrittain

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I dont think its likely, but Adam Shefter at NFL Network swears we are interested in dealing up to get him, and now FWST is saying the same thing...Huff was at VR yesterday and is scheduled to meet with Parcells today

we'd need him to get past SF and Okaland and then need Buffalo to want to trade down...I doubt Detroit or Arizona will move down, Buffalo might thought because of money...my guess is Huff ends up in Detroit with 9 or St Louis at 11, if he's on the board for either of those teams

it would cost us our 1 and 2 this yr plus something else (probably 3 or 4 next yr) to move into Buffalo's spot to get him

David

Yeah, I am not in favor of giving up much of consequence to move up. Michael Huff will be gone by by pick #10. However, if something unforseen were to happen like him unexpectedly dropping out of the top 10 I would love Dallas to land him. I realize though it is a pipe dream.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I just don't see how we can justify a trade up for Huff.

I have never seen this negative side of you, Crazy Cowboy.

It is refreshing.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think we have the guns to move up. It would cost at least a second, probably a third too.

I'd much rather have a combo of Manny Lawson/Ko Simpson/Charles Spencer than Micheal Huff.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Don't worry guys. I'm sending a prostitute with a lot of pot and some false medical records and an ability to spread nasty rumors to Huff 3 days before the draft. If all goes well, Huff will be said to have a drug habit, like hookers, and have a bum leg and herpes to boot. That should drop him at least to 18 for us to take. :laugh1:

ravidubey

Reaction score
The "trade up for Huff" talk is one media-dork's speculation and it's sucked up way too much Internet bandwidth.

Dallas isn't trading up more than a couple of spots at best, especially without a 4th round pick this year.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
I have never seen this negative side of you, Crazy Cowboy.

It is refreshing.

:lmao2:

Watch out...he is a mad man...a wild man, a Crazy cowboy.:p:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Beat this drum slowly.

I don't see it either. To be honest, I don't even think I would like it. That is a huge amount of cap invested in the secondary. I just don't see it.

Anybody have access to the combine numbers for Huff and Griffin?

Just spit ballen here.