Cleveland Browns new stadium

Flamma

Reaction score
Green Bay Baltimore Pittsburgh Cincy Philly Jets Giants …plenty of open air stadiums with “lovely” Dec Jan weather
Oh yeah. More than what you mentioned as well. But it seems like every time they build a new stadium it comes with a retractable dome.

I'm not against a retractable dome. They are fantastic for other events. But football should always be played with the dome opened if possible. The only reason to close it would be for lightning.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How could I forget Buffalo in the list

And that's the thing that I don't like about the dome idea here in Cleveland. The snow is part of living in Cleveland. I understand moving the stadium away from being directly on the lake, but I think it should be at least a retractable roof. Especially since we probably won't host a SB being so far north.

RonWashington

Reaction score
And that's the thing that I don't like about the dome idea here in Cleveland. The snow is part of living in Cleveland. I understand moving the stadium away from being directly on the lake, but I think it should be at least a retractable roof. Especially since we probably won't host a SB being so far north.

If Cleveland gets a retractable roof i’m sure Cleveland will host a SB . In an open air stadium Cleveland has zero chance not with a Feb SB .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If Cleveland gets a retractable roof i’m sure Cleveland will host a SB . In an open air stadium Cleveland has zero chance not with a Feb SB .

As I understand it, it's supposed to be a fixed roof, which is dumb cuz the weather is beautiful here until about November

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes you’re right it should be retractable . Jerry in Dallas rarely opens the roof . Might rain on the Art Jean has stocked the walls with .

Honestly, I wish Jerry would open the roof more. As for here in Cleveland, it should be retractable, but I do also understand that retractable is more expensive than a fixed roof. That said, the weather in Cleveland in the Fall is really nice. You should see the foliage outside my apartment window.

RonWashington

Reaction score

You know Rusty retractable by it’s very nature is more expensive then a fixed dome .

Im shocked Cleveland ownership is going for a fixed dome . Practically all new stadiums are retractable . I thought fixed roof stadiums went out with the 60’s built Astrodome .

Tropicana field in Tampa comes under heavy criticism and its fixed roof not exactly appreciated . The Seattle Dome that got blown up for a new Seattle Mariners stadium was never praised .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know Rusty retractable by it’s very nature is more expensive then a fixed dome .

Im shocked Cleveland ownership is going for a fixed dome . Practically all new stadiums are retractable . I thought fixed roof stadiums went out with the 60’s built Astrodome .

Tropicana field in Tampa comes under heavy criticism and its fixed roof not exactly appreciated . The Seattle Dome that got blown up for a new Seattle Mariners stadium was never praised .

At least that's what I have read and hear around town is it'll be a fixed roof. Given the city's music history and all, I get it, but then again, the Vikings, Raiders, and technically SoFi are fixed roofs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
At least that's what I have read and hear around town is it'll be a fixed roof. Given the city's music history and all, I get it, but then again, the Vikings, Raiders, and technically SoFi are fixed roofs.

Here in Texas the Cowboys roof moves so does the Baseball Rangers down the street . I’m almost certain the Astros & Texans have retractable . When it’s 75-80 degrees no rain it’s nice to be in the elements .

I guess the Saints play in an old dome and I believe the Falcons play in a dome .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here in Texas the Cowboys roof moves so does the Baseball Rangers down the street . I’m almost certain the Astros & Texans have retractable . When it’s 75-80 degrees no rain it’s nice to be in the elements .

I guess the Saints play in an old dome and I believe the Falcons play in a dome .

The Falcons stadium is a retractable roof. I actually stayed in a hotel near there for a furry convention last year. Looked like a nice stadium.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Falcons stadium is a retractable roof. I actually stayed in a hotel near there for a furry convention last year. Looked like a nice stadium.

Oh didn’t know that . Do they play in the Georgia “ dome “ . Or was that blown up for new . Owners need a new stadium every 10 mins . The Browns got a stadium when they went and got the team after Modell abandoned the city , the Stadium couldn’t be that old .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh didn’t know that . Do they play in the Georgia “ dome “ . Or was that blown up for new . Owners need a new stadium every 10 mins . The Browns got a stadium when they went and got the team after Modell abandoned the city , the Stadium couldn’t be that old .

They play in a stadium called "Mercedes Benz Stadium". They demolished the Georgia Dome. The current stadium also hosts the Atlanta FC MLS club.

The Browns stadium, currently named "Huntington Bank Stadium" has been here since 1999 (by contrast, I've only been in Cleveland and Ohio overall for 3 years). Yes, it's only 10 years older than AT& T Stadium. Unfortunately, stadiums are not really built to last, as you may have noticed. My guess is Jerry or Stephen will probably be wanting another new stadium in about a decade from now.