Clowney should be our next target

Dre11

Reaction score
Actual sacks arent as good of a barometer as something like QB pressures.

Sacks are great, but rare. The best of the best average less than one a game, but if you get to where you can disrupt the play into an incompletion, that's worth something.

As long as the QB doesnt have all day the DL is doing its job.
exactly

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with human nature, this has to do with business and getting what he feel is the most money. you need to get over the human nature junk, it's that thinking by the front office that put them in a bind. Cousins signed 2 tags and then left Washington, it's about the money.
It's that thinking by the front office that tells them Dak will sign or have something as important to him as any limb, taken away from him for a season. For Cousins, it was about money. For Dak it is about so much more. He wants to be the QB for the Cowboys.

Dre11

Reaction score
It's that thinking by the front office that tells them Dak will sign or have something as important to him as any limb, taken away from him for a season. For Cousins, it was about money. For Dak it is about so much more. He wants to be the QB for the Cowboys.

Kirk said he wanted to be a Commander too until Minnesota made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Dak is no different Cowboys relying on Dak's emotion will get them trouble. I'll bet that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Kirk said he wanted to be a Commander too until Minnesota made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Dak is no different Cowboys relying on Dak's emotion will get them trouble. I'll bet that.
You must love to argue. I see no point in continuing. We have different opinions and neither of us is changing our minds.

starfan1

Reaction score
we need another outside pass rusher, you draft your interior and secondary, unless the Market slow down on the secondary. Put your big money on your defensive ends.
Yep alreDy overpay at 1 end might as well do overpriced bookends. Me I’d rather it be Gregory

Dre11

Reaction score
Yep alreDy overpay at 1 end might as well do overpriced bookends. Me I’d rather it be Gregory

why worry about money if they help you win. Gregory is an unknown, Cowboys seem to be the only team scared to sign a big name not already on the team.

cern

Reaction score
Clowney's your basic mercenary. Plays for the money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But he can play well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clowney's your basic mercenary. Plays for the money. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But he can play well.
I think Clowney may become an option when its in his best interest to get a 1 year deal. I think if they can get him without sacrificing one of the 3rd round comps, they just might.

I read they can sign someone for what would net a 4th comp, and not lose one of their 3rd round comps. That might not be enough $, if they target Clowney. And I dont think they will sacrifice a top 105 pick to sign Clowney