Clowney to Dallas still an option

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Possibly, yes.
How much do we have left under the cap?

nah it’s not possibility, that’s literally what will happen. We are being charged 33M straight to the cap because of franchise tag. At least with a multi year deal you get to spread out the cap hits. Last I checked we were a little under 10M

reddyuta

Reaction score
Great,now we will have 2 overpaid DEs who cant get 5 sacks.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Clowney would have to take a deal similar to what Quinn had last year....a one year deal....8-10 million. Just don't think he would take that kind of cut....but then again....Is he even worth that? Guy only had 3 sacks last year.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Why would the team want Randy Gregory back and sign Aldon Simth if they planned on signing Clowney as well??
Also he is injury prone and inconsistent . The 3rd time may be a CHarm but please not with us. Move on.

Gregory and Aldon have not played in years, they are rotation guys at best. Trusting these 2 headcases is a bad idea.

Cowboys need upgrade to START at RDE and can also play OLB when Cowboys go to 3-4 front.

Tyrone Crawford is not the answer.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
We don't need him nor do we have the money. Let some other team overpay for that problem child.

I am so thrilled you are on this site. Someone who evidently by your comments work for the team and are in the crucial meetings when they make cap decisions. I need to follow you.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Clowney would have to take a deal similar to what Quinn had last year....a one year deal....8-10 million. Just don't think he would take that kind of cut....but then again....Is he even worth that? Guy only had 3 sacks last year.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2020/05/n...n-clowney-signing-with-eagles-is-growing.html

Number 1, you add position of need and 2, keep him from Eagles who would make a strength even stronger.

3, Clowney is a game wrecker and would immediately become most explosive player on DL.

Not just about sacks (but season prior had 9 sacks). In 2019 he also had10 TFL, INT, 2 FF, 2 TDs.

Guys who actually play the game LOVE and FEAR Clowney, especially the ones that have to block him. Excerpt of convo between Eagles OT Lane Johnson and DE Chris Long.

LANE: There's some rumors in the pass rush world about a free agent maybe, possibly, coming into town.

LONG: Oh yeah, Clowney. Yeah, I like Clowney, man. I really do. I know that, like, the whole thing last year happened and you guys didn't retaliate.

LANE: What can you do?

LONG: You can try to block him harder, I guess.

LANE: He's like trying to block a running iguana on water, son. He gets low, and then them arms and legs just...

LONG: [Laughs]

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
All of those are still unsigned 2 months after free agency started should tell everyone that they either want more money than what they are worth like Clowney or they are old past their prime like Peters. Since they're all still unsigned should put up a very big red flag and just go with who is already signed.

So stop trying to improve the roster?

Stevie, is that you?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
People saying Clowney only had 3 sacks last year are the same ones who think Byron was no good because he didn't get picks.

You are also the same people who will turn around and pretend Tyrone Crawford is a great player for all the intangibles he allegedly adds. Make up your minds.

Watch the games. Watch what the offenses do to account for and avoid Clowney. He's a difference maker.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So stop trying to improve the roster?

Stevie, is that you?

I don't know which Stevie your referring to unless you're trying to be cute and calling Stephen Stevie but I do know that the list of players in that article except Clowney are all on the downward side of their careers. Clowney is just an injury prone player wanting more money than he's worth. Using the standard Oh you don't want to improve the roster is just flapping your gums with this list. Being unsigned at this point of free agency says a lot and if they were such an improvement to rosters they wouldn't still be unsigned. Sometimes common sense just escapes some people.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
People saying Clowney only had 3 sacks last year are the same ones who think Byron was no good because he didn't get picks.

You are also the same people who will turn around and pretend Tyrone Crawford is a great player for all the intangibles he allegedly adds. Make up your minds.

Watch the games. Watch what the offenses do to account for and avoid Clowney. He's a difference maker.

It's funny, not ha ha funny, that the same people that don't think one of the important things a DE's is getting sacks think that one that gets 3 is a great player. You don't think the DE's that lead the league in sacks don't see the same if not more protections shifted towards them. Good DE's like Jordan, Garrett, Allen and even Bosa had more than 3 times more sacks as who you claim is great Clowney did last season. Again if he was that great teams would have jumped at the chance to sign him In fact not in any season in his career thus far has he had double digit sacks for a season and now 2 months after free agency started is still unsigned.

DanA

Reaction score
I don't know which Stevie your referring to unless you're trying to be cute and calling Stephen Stevie but I do know that the list of players in that article except Clowney are all on the downward side of their careers. Clowney is just an injury prone player wanting more money than he's worth. Using the standard Oh you don't want to improve the roster is just flapping your gums with this list. Being unsigned at this point of free agency says a lot and if they were such an improvement to rosters they wouldn't still be unsigned. Sometimes common sense just escapes some people.

Mickey....is that you?

DanA

Reaction score
It's funny, not ha ha funny, that the same people that don't think one of the important things a DE's is getting sacks think that one that gets 3 is a great player. You don't think the DE's that lead the league in sacks don't see the same if not more protections shifted towards them. Good DE's like Jordan, Garrett, Allen and even Bosa had more than 3 times more sacks as who you claim is great Clowney did last season. Again if he was that great teams would have jumped at the chance to sign him In fact not in any season in his career thus far has he had double digit sacks for a season and now 2 months after free agency started is still unsigned.

If you asked me who the better player is, Quinn or Clowney?......I'd say Clowney by a fair bit and I'm aware that Quinn had double-digit sacks.