CNN/SI Pauline Seniorbowl week practice wrap up

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Randy White;3260299 said:
What is this guy smoking ? You're telling me scouts and GMs don't think Mike Iupati is not a certain 1st round draft pick ?

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE 31 GMs and 31 teams' scouts believe that. There's nothing more than I want than for Iupati to fall to #27, but that's a stupid, stupid, stupid statement.
That exclusion stood out to me too. I hope he is right and know he isn't.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TVMan;3260685 said:
I would agree with you if this were ten years ago. I don't see it in todays NFL.
It is the Land Of Giants at the WR position.

and yet there are still a ton of midget WRs with speed that abuse people.....steve smith, steve smith, wes welker, edelman, santana moss, antwan randle el, etc.

TVMan

Reaction score
Biggems;3260721 said:
and yet there are still a ton of midget WRs with speed that abuse people.....steve smith, steve smith, wes welker, edelman, santana moss, antwan randle el, etc.

Steve Smith, Giants is 5'11. I wouldn't call that a midget.

Playing WR at that size is totally different than playing CB. How can you guarantee that the midget CB covers the midget WR?

A 6'2 WR against a 5'8 CB is a mismatch, just as a 5'8 WR against any CB is a mismatch.

I agree with you that small guys can play. I just don't think a 5'8 CB would be that effective.

The Realist

Reaction score
TVMan;3260679 said:
How many 5'8 CB's are making it in the NFL these days?
His return ability is obvious.

I'm drafting him purely as a return man.

Anything we get from at CB is gravy.

Midol

TVMan

Reaction score
The Realist;3260778 said:
I'm drafting him purely as a return man.

Anything we get from at CB is gravy.

Midol

In your case, Preparation H.

So who you cut to keep a Smallish DB that returns kicks?

Sounds like a pet cat in the making.

The Realist

Reaction score
TVMan;3260841 said:
In your case, Preparation H.

So who you cut to keep a Smallish DB that returns kicks?

Sounds like a pet cat in the making.

McQ, Proctor, Preston, Gordon, Watikins, Hurd, Octavien, CJ......take your pick.

Not a pet cat.........return man with juice is an obvious need.

I'll take any of 5-7 different return men, he's just the best of the best coming out as who does both PR & KR well.

If he isn't, go find someone better.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TVMan;3260685 said:
I would agree with you if this were ten years ago. I don't see it in todays NFL.
It is the Land Of Giants at the WR position.

Antoine Winfield

ever heard of him?

he's pretty good

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;3260681 said:
I cannot stand KSU players.....other than Sproles, I have no use for them....and yes, that includes Newman.

Biggems, I don't subscribe the "I don't like players from X school" philosophy... if a kid can play, he can play, and where he went to college doesn't really matter...

As a Horns fan, I hate Oklahoma, but if they have a draft prospect who's a stud, he'll be on my draft list...