Coach’s mindset

Viper

Reaction score
This team has the coach’s mindset. Unfortunately, Parcells’ mindset lacks fire, desire and heart. Once again Jones, the players and the fans will sit, waiting for big Bill to decide if he wishes to return for another season. As he recharges his batteries, everyone will wonder if he is coming back. Well, if you don’t have that fire, that desire or the heart to coach this team than I don’t want you back!

Once again Bill has to check his heart, while the players wait to see if he cares enough to return. As he contemplates retirement again, the players are left wonder if he has their back. Will he take a break, than jump onto another team as he has done so often before? Why can’t he look this team in the eye, say you played your hearts out but we came up short. We’ll get them next year!

Once again this team needs to wait on Bill’s hiatus, hoping he has the desire to coach them. As they wait, he shows his lack of desire to coach this team. He has no serious commitment to this team when you’re on a year to year basis. Why can’t he look the team in the eye and say, I’m hear for the long all? We will get this done!

Once again this team lacks the fire in Bill’s belly, as they wait for him to scream, this is my team, there is no way I won’t be back! Where is the fire you had for the giants coach? The fire you had when you walk the sidelines! This Bill isn’t the same coach that coached years ago.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
You may have a valid point Viper. I've often said BP's health problems are getting in the way of his coaching. It could explain why the Cowboys, under his tutelage, have managed to completely collapse in the month of December. He told us it was the players not being used to a 16 game season, but some of these guys are no longer rookies and it still happens.

A lot of people want to say that BP is a great coach and that he has brought a lot of talent into this organization, but I say if this is true, where are the results? We were the healthiest team in the PO's and the first to lose.

Another question I have: If BP is such a great coach, how can the loss of 1 player, Ellis, put this D into complete failure mode? Either the players (90% appear to be Parcells' picks) are not really that talented or they are improperly coached and used. Either way it falls to him. And I don't think Jerry has interfered to the extent that he did when Campo was coaching...

Viper

Reaction score
CalCBFan;1298775 said:
Another question I have: If BP is such a great coach, how can the loss of 1 player, Ellis, put this D into complete failure mode? Either the players (90% appear to be Parcells' picks) are not really that talented or they are improperly coached and used. Either way it falls to him. And I don't think Jerry has interfered to the extent that he did when Campo was coaching...

Last year it was Flo, this year Ellis. I can not accept that the loss of one player is the cause of the melt downs we have been witnessing. I believe Jerry has taken a hands off approach, Parcells wouldn't coach any other way! I think this team lacks talent and coaching but most of all...commitment.