Coach CREAMPUFF?

Boysboy

Reaction score
I have 4 words for y'all................

EAT YOUR FREAKING CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Wade Phillips is soft however the defense looked really good at times and really poor at times it didn't make sense to play so far off the ball on 3rd and short,

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Face it Wade some of these folks are never going to cut you slack or give you credit for Jack. It will always be something for those who never bother to give you any chance to start with.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sure there are still plenty of people here who want to fire him, Stewart, and get rid of a bunch of the defense cause the secondary still can't cover (despite helping the boys get sacks through good coverage) and that front is just terrible and can't get any pressure, despite there being 5 sacks in the game and really missing on at least 3 others.

Some people are just never happy. :p

bigE79

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;2278069 said:
Shouldn't this declaration be made sometime in January?
SHOULDN'T YOU BE SOMEWHERE ELSE:laugh2:

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2277998 said:
Face it Wade some of these folks are never going to cut you slack or give you credit for Jack. It will always be something for those who never bother to give you any chance to start with.

Wade is a winning coach who can't win in the playoffs and he coaches a team that can't win in the playoffs. He will get no slack until he does win in the playoffs and that is deservedly so. I love Wade and think he is the right man for the job but please don't think 3-0 means that we are in the Superbowl. We will have to prove ourselves all over again come December, and then again in January.

Although, even being the pessimist that I am, I am thinking our playoff jinx will be behind us this year. We are playing the toughest stretch of our schedule (unlike NYG) and we are winning.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2278122 said:
Wade is a winning coach who can't win in the playoffs and he coaches a team that can't win in the playoffs. He will get no slack until he does win in the playoffs and that is deservedly so. I love Wade and think he is the right man for the job but please don't think 3-0 means that we are in the Superbowl. We will have to prove ourselves all over again come December, and then again in January.

Although, even being the pessimist that I am, I am thinking our playoff jinx will be behind us this year. We are playing the toughest stretch of our schedule (unlike NYG) and we are winning.

Yea man Giants are playing no one and they are barely winning although their schedule doesn't get much harder we will see later on the road I think they are going to collapse though.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Eat crow? After a september victory?

ROTFLMAO

Now if we rip thru Dec/Jan and win a Lombardi playing mistake-free football then you can actually pop off about Coach Cupcake.

For the record, I'd love to have you post this again after the superbowl ;)

Boysboy;2277973 said:
I have 4 words for y'all................

EAT YOUR FREAKING CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2278128 said:
Yea man Giants are playing no one and they are barely winning although their schedule doesn't get much harder we will see later on the road I think they are going to collapse though.

I actually don't know their schedule but it has to be eerily familiar to ours since we play in the same division and I thought that peoples were talking about how hard our schedule was.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2278122 said:

Wade took some of those teams to the playoffs who were not that good to begin with just the fact they made post season was an accomplishment. Last year was disappointing but how many coaches would be on the hot seat after 1 season and 3 games? Give me a break, this has more to do with personal dislike than Wade's ability as a HC. Wade does not fit some people view of how a HC should run his team for me it is simple how do the players respond to that coach. Fans while they are entitled to opinion based on limited knowledge of what is taking place at Valley Ranch means little.

sago1

Reaction score
I don't have the Giants schedule in front of me but I do remember reading that the Cowboys first month schedule is very tough while the Giants scheduled was perceived to be relatively easy in comparison. However, that situation reverses itself starting (I think) in October. But you are right that our schedules are very similar.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2278142 said:
I actually don't know their schedule but it has to be eerily familiar to ours since we play in the same division and I thought that peoples were talking about how hard our schedule was.

They don't play Green bay the play Minny at the end of the season their schedule is soft however they should start catch L's pretty soon. They could easily start off 5-0 or 6-0

sago1

Reaction score
Actually I think the media and some football/Cowboy fans don't believe Wade looks/acts like a proper HC. His gray hair, round baby face, etc. feed into that image. He certainly is a departure from Parcells.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2278150 said:
Wade took some of those teams to the playoffs who were not that good to begin with just the fact they made post season was an accomplishment. Last year was disappointing but how many coaches would be on the hot seat after 1 season and 3 games? Give me a break, this has more to do with personal dislike than Wade's ability as a HC. Wade does not fit some people view of how a HC should run his team for me it is simple how do the players respond to that coach. Fans while they are entitled to opinion based on limited knowledge of what is taking place at Valley Ranch means little.
Wade was on the hotseat the day he was hired. Jerry had hired his replacement in fact before Wade himself was signed. LOL.

He's universally panned as a bottom-tier coach in the NFL today.

He was brought in simply to bus drive a star-riddled team with Jason G running the O and FIX THE D which we had a HEAVY INVESTMENT in 3-4.

I don't think anyone dislikes him personally, he seems like a nice guy. It's just anyone objective wants much, much more for the cowboys HC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IMO, tackling on our team has not been very good. We have been in positon to make a lot of plays defensivly and we've missed the tackles. Perhaps I'm nit picking but I think in that one area, it is showing up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2278186 said:
Wade was on the hotseat the day he was hired. Jerry had hired his replacement in fact before Wade himself was signed. LOL.

He's universally panned as a bottom-tier coach in the NFL today.

He was brought in simply to bus drive a star-riddled team with Jason G running the O and FIX THE D which we had a HEAVY INVESTMENT in 3-4.

I don't think anyone dislikes him personally, he seems like a nice guy. It's just anyone objective wants much, much more for the cowboys HC.

Bottom tier coach? By who? I love having Garrett but no one knows what type of HC he would be hell everyone thought Norv Turner would be a great HC because of how he did as OC of the Cowboys well that did not happen. Bottom line is how the players respond to the HC not how some fans may feel or think or perceive. Wade is 16-4 as the HC of the Cowboys and that is not bad at all and anyone who thinks that mark is not good sure as hell should not be using the word objective.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2278220 said:
IMO, tackling on our team has not been very good. We have been in positon to make a lot of plays defensivly and we've missed the tackles. Perhaps I'm nit picking but I think in that one area, it is showing up.

Sure, but coaches don't do the tackling. I was a bit po'd when Ellis just bounced off of Aaron Rodgers last night instead of sacking him. However, it is a long season and we'll see if they can correct these issues.