Signed by Cowboys Coaches Added - Matt Daniels - ST and Cannon Matthews (Def QC)

FanSince71

Reaction score
The only problem with that is you only get so much money to spend with the cap deep wallet won't matter

Yep, I know it. What I meant more than anything is I hope Jerry listens to his coaching staff IF they target a player or 2 that they really feel is vital to what they want to do. I don’t want us laying in the weeds for the first few weeks of FA and then trying to sign bargains only. If Nolan and Tomsula want a guy like Bills DT Jordan Phillips, then go get him.

FanSince71

Reaction score
What exactly do quality control coaches do?

In another thread, @speedkilz88 wrote:

Quality control coach is typically an entry-level position for National Football League (NFL) coaches before moving on to positional jobs and coordinator positions.

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game.[1] Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_control_coach

Bigdog

Reaction score
That's funny. Panic mode is gonna start in OTA , when the offense looks the same
First day of the first minute of FA when the player that this board wants is signed with another team. Assistant quality of control coaches are to blame and this board goes crazy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The gift that keeps on giving! This team will not look anywhere near the same next season. It’s going to be crazy watching this team and seeing the differences.
It definitely will. Looks like Jerry has let MM do his own hiring. So let’s sit back and see what happens. I won’t do a prediction until after the draft and FA

Londonboy

Reaction score
Cannon?
Is that His given name?
If it's a nickname, do I want to know why?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's interesting that the narrative was Jerry meddled in JG's coaches but I think Jason made his own mess.
He most definitely did. Jerry is a meddler no doubt but Jason hired all these coaches. JG gets unfairly criticized for things against his control but he also doesn’t get enough blame for things in his control. It’s weird.

conner01

Reaction score
I really don’t pay much attention to some of the QC staff and stuff but how does the numbers on this staff compare to previous
Seems like we’ve hired lots of people but may be just replacing previous people or do we actually have more staff

ItzKelz

Reaction score
How do you get a job as quality control on a coaching staff?
giphy.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
If I understand correctly and what goes unsaid about the QC coaches... yes, they have to analyze, but along with that, they have to have video editing skills. So, they're charged with chopping up videos and putting them into indexed/easily referenced order for the coaches to view. It's almost more like they're better considered scouts assigned to and overseen by the coaching staff.

Are we done now with the coaching staff hires?

And will there be a presser to announce them, or is that even a thing you bother to do?

johneric8

Reaction score
The more coaches McCarthy has the less he has to do the less calories he burns.

The next wave is the assistants to the assistant.

Expect there to be a coaches inactive list posted before games this year.

I think McCarthy would be at his most intimidating if he put on about 50 more pounds before the season started! We got Krispy Creme and Panchos pretty close to the star so he can get an early start and get his mojo working :)

CB61

Reaction score
Yep, I know it. What I meant more than anything is I hope Jerry listens to his coaching staff IF they target a player or 2 that they really feel is vital to what they want to do. I don’t want us laying in the weeds for the first few weeks of FA and then trying to sign bargains only. If Nolan and Tomsula want a guy like Bills DT Jordan Phillips, then go get him.
We can only hope