Coaching? who cares

cern

Reaction score
Coaching irrelevancy is being shown every week. Ive said forveer that great coaches become great when they get their great HOF QB. Throught history, EVERY great coach is linked to 1 or 2 HOF QBs. Joe Gibson is, IMO, the only coach that totally bucked that trend.

Billy Boy is getting a heavy dose of his coaching ability when he has a QB that is as inconsistent as Cam is. When he is on, they look awesome and Bill coaches phenomenally. When Cam reverts to suckiness... Billy Boy looks like Adam Gase.

All of you that LOVE Mike Zimmer and have been clamoring for him to coach Dallas... How's he looking?

As Drew Brees continues to age weekly, we are going to see how great Sean Peyton is.

Now, do not confuse what I am saying. None of these guys are bad coaches..... in fact, they are all outstanding. BUt guess what, there are 32 NFL teams and about 25 of them are as good and simply havent lucked into a QB. Hey, Mike Vrabel was floundering around in la la land with Marcus Marriota... even LAST season, and as soon as Tannehill took over, Vrabel instantly became a MUCH better head coach. Vrabel was about to be fired at 2-4 last year. He made a QB switch and apparently starting taking his Head Coaching vitamins as they IMMEDIATELY went on a streak to win 7 of their next 10 games. Amazing how that works.

For us, we obviously need some defense, but coaches all fit on the bell shapped curve. Where exactly you sit, depends on who that QB is.
Cheers
Did you mean Joe Gibbs? The great parcells won with phil simms. Gruden won with brad Johnson. Shula won with earl morrall and bob griese. Coaches matter.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
A great coach can't win with bad players, but he'll get the most out of good ones. A bad coach will rarely succeed, even with great players.

It matters, but not to the extent some here suggest. You can't polish a turd.

agree.

Example: Nolan was washed up 6 years ago.

this will be his last DC job.

his firing will happen.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A great coach can't win with bad players, but he'll get the most out of good ones. A bad coach will rarely succeed, even with great players.

It matters, but not to the extent some here suggest. You can't polish a turd.
I took over a team that had gone 0-47 from 7th grade to JV and made the playoffs their senior year with a 7-3 record. Just saying.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Did you mean Joe Gibbs? The great parcells won with phil simms. Gruden won with brad Johnson. Shula won with earl morrall and bob griese. Coaches matter.
There is a reason I went back to Aikman... Salary Cap hit. Did you see I already mentioned Johnson in the original post? 86.$% baby.... dont forget that number.... that menas, yes, you will have a nick foles, Brad Johnson, even a Trent Dilfer.... about every 7 years. The rest..... all HOF.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
i get your point but,
they are missing like 14-15 starters either on CO list or injured etc with limited practice and moving games around , yesterday was tough tpo overcome..

he had a winning record with Castle (11-5)and the limited games Garoppolo or the guy who wne to the colts..

that hard to overcome for anyone..
sure.... and 11-5 and didnt make the playoffs. Lets say he did make the playoffs and lost in rd 1...... years of doing that gets you where????? Fired just like Marvin Lewis

Reid1boys

Reaction score
One game means that much to you?
its not one game.... let this season play out and see what happens. And next season... until he retires quickly because he doesnt want his image tarnished.

5 games, 2-3 record and they show us the stat this is first time this late in season with losing record.... blah, blah, blah.... No kidding. You think it is a coincidence it is also his first year without Brady since like the 30s?

fivetwos

Reaction score
You all can argue all you want against this, but Jerry has always served himself up as the defacto head coach since Wade.

He thinks everything can be done by committee, including HC....

I guess that's the "secret sauce."

He needs to get the hell off the radio. That would be a start.