Coach's choices today!

jack2

Reaction score
SEems to me that parcells sometimes overthinks things, for todays game he decided 1-Vanderjact would not play because he had not practiced, so suisham misses an important FG and Owens who also did not practice a lot did pretty good! 2- He would not dress Carpenter because Hoyte was playing great ST (did not see him all day!) and ayodele had a good pre season as the starter as IMLB (but he got panckaked by taylor on the Leftwich's Td)3-He found out that Romo could play if needed(so with Bledsone sucking bad today and /or hurt or unable to get anything on the ball, throws 3 INT) and does not play romo! So we lose! Great thinking Bill!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
jack2 said:
SEems to me that parcells sometimes overthinks things, for todays game he decided 1-Vanderjact would not play because he had not practiced, so suisham misses an important FG and Owens who also did not practice a lot did pretty good! 2- He would not dress Carpenter because Hoyte was playing great ST (did not see him all day!) and ayodele had a good pre season as the starter as IMLB (but he got panckaked by taylor on the Leftwich's Td)3-He found out that Romo could play if needed(so with Bledsone sucking bad today and /or hurt or unable to get anything on the ball, throws 3 INT) and does not play romo! So we lose! Great thinking Bill!

take a deep breath

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jack2 said:

Three years +

25-25.

'Nuff said.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jack2 said:
Those were not the reasons we lost today.

jack2

Reaction score
not saying that they are the reasons we lost, but that things like dressing and bringing Carpenter in on some plays, that if bledsoe is hurt or playing badly bring in romo, that with or without practice i would prefer Vanderjact kicking my Fg instead of suisham that seem logical to me impact on the final score!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
jack2 said:
not saying that they are the reasons we lost, but that things like dressing and bringing Carpenter in on some plays, that if bledsoe is hurt or playing badly bring in romo, that with or without practice i would prefer Vanderjact kicking my Fg instead of suisham that seem logical to me impact on the final score!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Parcells frets over how many plays he will get out of a ST player and he says he can't bring 2 kickers to a game, so Vandy stays home. Suisham missed a 30+ yarder in pre-season so he was no more reliable kicking FGs than Vandy, but at least Vandy is a vet who has done it before. Yet Suisham deserves to kick off because he's very good at that.

Indy had 2 kickers on the game day roster the past few years and it didn't hurt them. I don't understand why he worries about small issues like that, yet allows a QB to continue playing who has played horribly the past several games.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Bill Parcells does not have a "go for the jugular" bone in his body. Maybe he used to, but not now. The act is old. Like Juke said 25-25, am I supposed to be impressed?