Cobb surprised me with his quickness and physicality

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Cobb is a more risk signing due to health but that doesn't make Beasley better than Cobb. As a wide receiver a "healthy" Cobb is much better. He can play anywhere at receiver, Beasley can not. Cobb can run any route as well, Beasley can not. Beasley provides less yards after catch than Cobb and Cobb can blow by people while Beasley can't. I'm curious, exactly why you think Beasley is better than Cobb.

Mostly because Cobb has had trouble staying on the field. But that really matters.

JBond

Reaction score
he did seem to be rejuvenated & enjoying himself. Just throwing people off of him on the way to 1st downs. Darned fun to watch.
At 192lbs. Loved that play! Tough player.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It was quite surprising reading some comments of some of you in here, that Cobb was washed up and slow.
Some posters wanted him cut for Cedric Wilson and J'von Johnson. Good times.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Mostly because Cobb has had trouble staying on the field. But that really matters.
Sure health is a big issue but Cobb is healthy. As a receiver Cobb is better than Beasley and it's not close.

Is Dak better than Wentz?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I've watched him play at GB for years and thought we'd see a slower receiver with injury issues. But he looked fresh, quick and wouldn't go down without a fight. If he can stay healthy and fresh he will have a huge impact on this season. I'd go a little light on his snap count early in the season unless we are in dire need of wins.
Yeah I watched the game a 2nd time, and he looked good, and also like a guy who wants to prove something. He could be a big factor this season.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I disagree, contracts most never tell the story of who is better. Cobb is by far better than Beasley and it's not even close. Not just as a receiver but return game as well.

Nobody wants to go to Buffalo, they go because they are over paid. Cobb took less and came to Dallas knowing he would be number 3 behind Cooper and Gallup.

I hope he stays. I always was amazed when he was productive with Green Bay on how much he got open. I always thought it was because of Rogers. But watching him yesterday proves that he is no fluke - he is the real deal. Hope we can sign him for a long term deal.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
One positive is playing Texas versus the Midwest most of the season is a lot less taxing on the body and joints.

starfan1

Reaction score
I liked Cobb a lot, and actually liked the signing for Dallas. But I don't buy into the idea that he's an upgrade in the slot for Beasley or a better player at this point in his career (just look at the contracts the two guys got). I do think he's a better fit for what we needed, and I was pleasantly surprised by him. I also think that, if he goes down with a hammy after week four, we'll have guys in Tavon Austin and Pollard that can do some of the things he's likely to do for us.

He looked impressive yesterday, though, for sure. Glad to have him.
I think Beasley while a decent receiver is a one trick pony and don’t give defenses any over the top fears Cobb when healthy does

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I liked Cobb a lot, and actually liked the signing for Dallas. But I don't buy into the idea that he's an upgrade in the slot for Beasley or a better player at this point in his career (just look at the contracts the two guys got). I do think he's a better fit for what we needed, and I was pleasantly surprised by him. I also think that, if he goes down with a hammy after week four, we'll have guys in Tavon Austin and Pollard that can do some of the things he's likely to do for us.

He looked impressive yesterday, though, for sure. Glad to have him.

This is very true.

Once a player leaves here, their level of play gets diminished to hilarious levels.

Our WR1, WR2. TE and slot positions all saw a significant jump in production yesterday. The smallest jump? Slot.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I hope he stays. I always was amazed when he was productive with Green Bay on how much he got open. I always thought it was because of Rogers. But watching him yesterday proves that he is no fluke - he is the real deal. Hope we can sign him for a long term deal.
Not sure about a long term deal, maybe a 2 year deal cause I much rather pay Gallup by then

HoplessCowboysFan36

Reaction score
I've watched him play at GB for years and thought we'd see a slower receiver with injury issues. But he looked fresh, quick and wouldn't go down without a fight. If he can stay healthy and fresh he will have a huge impact on this season. I'd go a little light on his snap count early in the season unless we are in dire need of wins.

He is probably glad he doesn't have an awesome person qb to deal with anymore