"Coin Toss"

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Visit a real museum or two. If you still enjoy that, there is no hope.

Its actually possible to do both. I just visited the Dali Museum in St Petersburg this past year. I was struck by how strong Dali was when painting classic still life as well as his work in other mediums. Seems he became bored with that type of work and moved on to the surrealistic style that he's famous for. I enjoy the soothing effect that Monet's paintings have on me due largely to the palette he regularly employed. Heck, I even enjoy the work of Roger Dean and images by Frank Frazetta like Silver Warrior.

I'm not stuffy about who's work I enjoy. Crazy isn't it? Is there any hope for me?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Visit a real museum or two. If you still enjoy that, there is no hope.
I go to many, many out here in SoCal. Norman Rockwell is one of the 20th century American greats.

Stop it, Abe. If you, indeed, go to museums, you'd know this.

Now, if you said "for my taste" bladda bladda blah, then fine -- but don't be condescending. Especially when you're wrong. As he is featured at Norton Simon, The Broad, Getty (both LA and Malibu), Huntington Library, LACMA, MOCA, Gene Autry Museum, Natural Musueum of Art -- and this is just SoCal/Greater LA.

This is a board of 35K members, many of us go to museums for hobby.

And know art.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Its actually possible to do both. I just visited the Dali Museum in St Petersburg this past year. I was struck by how strong Dali was when painting classic still life as well as his work in other mediums. Seems he became bored with that type of work and moved on to the surrealistic style that he's famous for. I enjoy the soothing effect that Monet's paintings have on me due largely to the palette he regularly employed. Heck, I even enjoy the work of Roger Dean and images by Frank Frazetta like Silver Warrior.

I'm not stuffy about who's work I enjoy. Crazy isn't it? Is there any hope for me?
Well high five!! :clap::star:

He's also amazing, Silver, and holds up fantastically to many of his 20th century Americana contemporaries.

Working Dali into a Rockwell debate, double high five! :D