Cole Beasley Retiring

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only reason he signed with the Bucs was chasing a championship. After a couple weeks he realized they aren’t winning anything this season.

I wouldn't count them out. The struggles have had a lot to do with their top WR's missing a lot of time so far with a suspension and some injuries. Now Evans suspension is past, Godwin is healthy and Gage is getting enGAGEd with the offense.

Of course, the only reason the Bucs were interested in Beasley was because of these issues. At this point it seems doubtful Beasley would get much playing time anyway, and he may have even been on the verge of being released. I expect that had something to do with his decision.

links18

Reaction score
What type of player retires in the middle of the season not injury related? Sounds like quitting.....

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had quite a few good years here and was involved in some memorable games/moments.

Happy retirement Beas!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
He was signed to Tampa’s practice squad and wasn’t used much in their first two games. He was only given an opportunity because of injuries to their receiving corp. He was probably going to be demoted anyway so he probably said the hell with it.
It wouldn't have been a bad idea to sit on the bench and get paid.

plasticman

Reaction score
Walking down the street nobody is going to guess that he had an 11 year career as a WR in the NFL. The guy had a lot of heart and you've got to be fearless to be his size and catch balls in the middle of a defense.

I'm sure he made some smart investments with his money and has now earned the right to be a stay at home dad.

Good luck, Mr. Cole Beasley.

Staubacher

Reaction score
As if a normal man is a "fulltime Dad and husband", whatever that means. In my experience, and fulltime Dad and husband gets his *** out of bed early every morning and goes to work to support the family, providing them with food and shelter, and then comes home, disciplines the kids, take crap from his wife for not "doing enough," and does it all without complaining.

Not sure what Cole Beasley means by retiring to be a "fulltime Dad and husband." Wasn't he already a Dad and husband 24 hours per day, everyday - like the rest of us who continue to work to provide for our families?
You may be overthinking this.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What type of player retires in the middle of the season not injury related? Sounds like quitting.....

He had been elevated from the PS twice already. Next use, he would have to take someone's spot and with them getting Evans, Jones, and Godwin coming back, he wasn't going to be needed. They would be more likely to move on to a different WR that they could elevate twice without using a roster spot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Beasley made his bed by shooting off his mouth upon leaving the Cowboys. He made his bed and will have to lie in it. No going back. :omg:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It wouldn't have been a bad idea to sit on the bench and get paid.

At most he would have been on the PS, making no more than 20k a game. If they didn't cut him.

If I had made over 20 million in my career, I wouldn't be prioritizing a dead end role over my family.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Beasley made his bed by shooting off his mouth upon leaving the Cowboys. He made his bed and will have to lie in it. No going back. :omg:
He'll be lying in a bed in a multi million dollar home thanks to his successful football career.