Colin Cowherd discusses the Dallas Cowboys and NFL replay policy

ShiningStar

Reaction score
smh. no, hes wrong, Garrett has the same mistakes over and over and over. GB has our number. Thats on the coaches. Garrett has more average seasons than good seasons. Compentent, no, average yes.

ghst187

Reaction score
Tend to agree however in big games against good teams and coaches, JG usually gets out coached and this is my problem with him. He’s like the Jeff Heath of coaches, he’s okay but he will never be good enough to get you over the hump.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Tend to agree however in big games against good teams and coaches, JG usually gets out coached and this is my problem with him. He’s like the Jeff Heath of coaches, he’s okay but he will never be good enough to get you over the hump.
you dont like it but his getting there. right or wrong

waving monkey

Reaction score
smh. no, hes wrong, Garrett has the same mistakes over and over and over. GB has our number. Thats on the coaches. Garrett has more average seasons than good seasons. Compentent, no, average yes.
Competence is the ability of an individual to do a job properly. A competency is a set of defined behaviors that provide a structured guide enabling the identification, evaluation and development of the behaviors in individual employees.
yes he is

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pushing a player out of bounds to stop the score is a big time play.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Is someone saying the Cowboys are awful?

That 9-7 that Garrett wanted so bad is his armor in these conversations, just like he hoped.

He earned another year, so let's see how 2018 goes.

mcmvp

Reaction score
While I don’t agree with some of the things Herd says, and I think he’s arrogant and opinionated, I agree here.

Same, I don’t always agree with him. I actually enjoy his show...even though he’s arrogant. I’d say he’s right more often than he’s wrong....but he’s a decent listen even if I’m disagreeing with him.

As for his view on JG, I don’t really agree. If the goal is staying out of the basement and being considered slightly above average, then he’d be right. He uses never really having a great defense as one of his arguments. I’m pretty sure getting the defense right is on the job description of a HC. He also compares his record to Tomlin’s...a coach he constantly criticizes for not having his team ‘buttoned up’.

Last edited:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t need to hear anyone else’s opinion to know who and what Garrett is. He is serviceable at best. He will keep you out of the basement as long as the front office keeps pumping in decent talent but he will never take the team very far. He is easily out coached because his schemes and playcalling are predictable and/or have holes in them that are easily exploited, especially by well coached teams late in the season or playoffs. He seems to be either too stubborn or incapable of doing the same thing to other teams as we never see Dallas do anything different from week to week. They seem to employ mostly the same gameplan on both sides every week. That simply will never get you very far.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t need to hear anyone else’s opinion to know who and what Garrett is. He is serviceable at best. He will keep you out of the basement as long as the front office keeps pumping in decent talent but he will never take the team very far. He is easily out coached because his schemes and playcalling are predictable and/or have holes in them that are easily exploited, especially by well coached teams late in the season or playoffs. He seems to be either too stubborn or incapable of doing the same thing to other teams as we never see Dallas do anything different from week to week. They seem to employ mostly the same gameplan on both sides every week. That simply will never get you very far.

I don’t think it’s a lack of intelligence or effort, but he IS stubborn about his plan. His mantra is “stay the course”, which severely handcuffs adjustments. Add a collection of other factors (poor drafts/trades, Jerry’s meddling, the media circus/distractions, horrible officiating, bad luck, etc.), and you end up with a 9-7 type of team.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Competence is the ability of an individual to do a job properly. A competency is a set of defined behaviors that provide a structured guide enabling the identification, evaluation and development of the behaviors in individual employees.
yes he is

can he coach, yes a lot of people can coach.

can he coach to win? no, hes proving that to us time and time again.

can he meet the requirements to coach the team, yes hes played the game. Does that make him a compentent coach? Yes, if its a team that isnt looking to go anywhere, which is where he is competent.

Now if we want a coach to be a winning franchise. No.

What backs me up on this, facts.

What do you have?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Greenbay cheats. Blatantly and often.

Read my sig. Everyone in the league knows it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Greenbay cheats. Blatantly and often.

Read my sig. Everyone in the league knows it.

I dont care about that. Thats the leagues and the fans problem. Thats not an excuse for Garrett. He loses to them very often. They dont need to cheat vs Dallas.