Colin Cowherd goes 0-5 in heads up and AGTS

cmoney23

Reaction score
You guys keep touting Colin Cowherd's opinion on this board.

Every Friday he does a segment called "The blazing five" where he picks five games against the spread and tells you to bet on them. This week he went zero for five... not only against the spread... but heads up as well. Predicting that the Cowboys would lose to the Giants 27-24.

He's a clown and a Cowboy hater. Enjoy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Every Friday he does a segment called "The blazing five" where he picks five games against the spread and tells you to bet on them. This week he went zero for five... not only against the spread... but heads up as well. Predicting that the Cowboys would lose to the Giants 27-24.

Nobody takes him serious but the few mouth breathers who use his worthless opinions to validate their worthless opinions.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip, Stephen A and Cowbird are all built to create false anger and controversy…sports shock-jocks whose only purpose is to be provocative - not accurate, not insightful. 100% Designed to get people fired up enough to watch.

And until we as fans stop watching this garbage, it will continue to be sold as ”sports programming”. I never watch or read any of those guys. Skip flat out lies, Stephen A’s gig is a tongue-in-cheek act completely designed to make Cowboys fans watch to see how mad he can make them. Cowherd is just a big ego who lacks real sports savvy or insight.

These guys do nothing but stir the pot. Apparently, that fake stuff is working.

Motorola

Reaction score
Nobody takes him serious but the few mouth breathers who use his worthless opinions to validate their worthless opinions.
Skip, Stephen A and Cowbird are all built to create false anger and controversy…sports shock-jocks whose only purpose is to be provocative - not accurate, not insightful. 100% Designed to get people fired up enough to watch.

And until we as fans stop watching this garbage, it will continue to be sold as ”sports programming”. I never watch or read any of those guys. Skip flat out lies, Stephen A’s gig is a tongue-in-cheek act completely designed to make Cowboys fans watch to see how mad he can make them. Cowherd is just a big ego who lacks real sports savvy or insight.

And unfortunately, a number of former players are appearing on sports media mimicking their styles \ antics.
A few ex-NFLers go the route of sound and indepth analysis in review of previous week's action, or previewing upcoming games.
"NFL Matchup" on ESPN continues to be one of the best programs in that regard. Former RB Merril Hoge and former QB Ron Jaworkski were oustanding during their time on the broadcast.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And unfortunately, a number of former players are appearing on sports media mimicking their styles \ antics.
A few ex-NFLers go the route of sound and indepth analysis in review of previous week's action, or previewing upcoming games.
"NFL Matchup" on ESPN continues to be one of the best programs in that regard. Former RB Merril Hoge and former QB Ron Jaworkski were oustanding during their time on the broadcast.
Yeah I will give that to of them. Guys like Skip, Steven and Cowerd use to get killed for their schtick by players but now ex players are mimicking their same style.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Facts.

These guys used to entertain me back in the day but now, I block them out. I don't follow any of them on social media or listen to their shows. But it's hard to fully get away from them if you are on social media because people will share their clips. They get paid big money not to deliver accurate sports opinions but to get the most attention they can. When Skip and Stephen A were paired together, Skip was the big Dallas fan and Stephen A hated them. Shannon Sharpe also was against Skip on almost everything. It's how these "debate" shows work. I am positive they create the narratives in the show prep meetings and which narratives each personality will take as the year goes on. The first "debate" show I remember was PTI with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon. They argued over every subject. Now that's all you see on tv.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't lump me with the you guys comment. I do know a certain group around here that hang on his every word. One in particular keeps posting his stuff..... :muttley:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like him even a tiny bit!!

If I only had him to deliver Dallas games, I would quit football watching.
I'd lower the volume, I know enough football....no announcer or analyst needed.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't mind him, but clearly he doesn't drink the Cowboys juice. I don't consider him a Dak hater, pretty much calls Dak as I see him. He will flip flop all year not really taking a stance on anything. Instead of playing up how the Boys played, he played down on the G Men and how they finished the year, and of course Danny Dimes inability to be effective when pressured by any team. What intrigued me is in his Hierarchy where Dallas was 3rd, behind the Fish. There is no world last week where Miami was more impressive than we were, and giving Tua et al props for beating on one of the worst defensive units in the NFL for years shouldn't be seen as overly impressive

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Another NFL season starts and here am I asking why some of you still listen to these idiots.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Cowherd is an entertainer. He is not a journalist.

He throws crap at a wall and sees what sticks.

He does it in college ball as well. As much as I absolutely hate Alabama, he made a habit of every year Alabama was set to obliterate the NCAA, Cowherd liked to talk about how Alabama was washed up, weak, going to lose. They of course easily won the Natty and Cowherd didn't acknowledge what he'd said preseason, but man it got clicks and it got the Bammers mad.

He says dumb stuff with cocky confidence. That's it. It has no relevance to sports reality. It's not analysis, it's not journalism, it's entertainment.

He is literally a professional sports troll.

Don't know if anyone even remembers Jim Rome, he's probably still out there but he did the same thing. Just said stuff to make people mad and even made Saints QB Jim Everett swing on him on the air. Cowherd just does the same stuff but way more cowardly.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Rome still has his radio show. He's one of the best interviewers out there if you can get past his ego.

cmoney23

Reaction score
For the record. I don't listen to him or any of these talking heads.

I just see people here share his stuff regularly and he missed SO BADLY on the Cowboys I thought it was worth sharing.

But, for you saying "no one takes him seriously" or to that effect. You're wrong. The haters gravitate to him like moths to the affirmation flame!