Video: Colin Cowherd reacts to Dak's contract

RS12

Reaction score
He was also on pace to go 4-12. Garbage stats mean nothing.

He's 6-11 in his last 17 games.

This is just money on fire.
Nah. Jerry figures the cult will buy enough jerseys that he will turn a profit on this move. That is all that really matters to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wilson is great. Watson? I don’t get all the love. Good player. Not great.
So this is my thing with Wilson....as great as he is....what exactly has he done without a defense? That doesn't take away how great of a player he is no doubt.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So this is my thing with Wilson....as great as he is....what exactly has he done without a defense? That doesn't take away how great of a player he is no doubt.

He makes a 6-7 win team a playoff team. Pretty much the last 3 years. Btw you forgot their OL is average at best. He fixes that too. Guy is a top 5 player in the game. IMO.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
When the FO cannot tell the difference between good and great, they will continue to pay great for good. This is nothing new. It is the reason what they are what they are.

The evaluation of talent and pricing of that talent is the Achilles Heel of this franchise and I do not see that changing.
There is a difference in paying for talent and paying for potential....you would think Jerry would know the difference by now after getting burned as badly as he has in the past. This signing just shows you how lazy Jerry has got. Doesn’t want to do the hard work of finding a franchise QB. He's got his guy that will sell him some jerseys...to keep this crap show afloat until he is dead. He's happy....that's all that matters. Even though he is disillusioning himself....signs of dementia....either..Or both.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He makes a 6-7 win team a playoff team. Pretty much the last 3 years. Btw you forgot their OL is average at best. He fixes that too. Guy is a top 5 player in the game. IMO.

agree Wilson is elite and hes better then dak and dak should have been capped at 35 and less then Wilson but that n ot how the idiotic qb market is currently set up in the nfl..im vary interested to see what Mayfield, LJ, and Allen get..what will their teams do i mean none are better then Dak but also not worse all lumped together..

if all 3 take less then dak and dont go for the juggler wont look good on dak as it will show what true team friendly deal looks like as Brady has done his entire career,,when you are good and can play 15years or more you dont worry about being the top paid because you will keep having it for longer..

Dak will over his first 3 years of his deal be the highest aid qb/player in the nfl as Mahomes is backloaded and was 2 years early...hes still on his old deal plus little bonus..so Dak truly has reset the market in way, not sure how he pulled this off after they waited 2 years trying to play hardball and give in anyway after the injury..ughh

Brax

Reaction score
What makes Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson great but Dak is "good"? I never understood it.
Haven't seen Wilson play much have you, you do know he has been to 2 SB's and he was the offense for years in Seattle. Huge difference between Russell and Dak. Watson no comment but the Texans had a idiot GM too.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Trying to find somewhere where he's wrong.
Can't

He clearly loves Dak overall--as a person, leader, etc, etc--but thinks he is in that tier below "great".
Nothing wrong with that take.
Just an opinion

Agree! I can’t stand Cowherd but his whole segment was pretty sound on reasoning and exactly how I’ve felt. Big Dak fan but we threw out a ridiculous contract.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
When the FO cannot tell the difference between good and great, they will continue to pay great for good. This is nothing new. It is the reason what they are what they are.

The evaluation of talent and pricing of that talent is the Achilles Heel of this franchise and I do not see that changing.

When good and great are the best you can do to evaluate then you have no place doing player evaluation.

Dre11

Reaction score
Agree! I can’t stand Cowherd but his whole segment was pretty sound on reasoning and exactly how I’ve felt. Big Dak fan but we threw out a ridiculous contract.

Except everyone got contracts that were the most at the time, but now that's suppose to change with Dak?

Swagger

Reaction score
Except everyone got contracts that were the most at the time, but now that's suppose to change with Dak?
Dak's contract was the one that broke the camels back. We are now locked in for several years and there's no escape.