Video: Colin: I don't think it's a slump for Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, Colin Cowherd is the guy to hitch a wagon to for this argument...

He says Dak is really good though…

I agree. I’m not like a lot on here who think Dak is this terrible player.

My problem with Dak, like Collin said, is he is so dependent on his environment and we paid him like he’s a guy who can carry a football team.

It’s going to be tougher and tougher to win a title as the year go on and Dak is taking up this kind of cap space.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Colin Cowherd is the guy to hitch a wagon to for this argument...

Whose opinion should we hitch our wagon too? Jerry Jones opinion? The tape doesn't lie. Dak is a stat padder who benefits greatly from the best WR core in the NFL. He makes poor decisions and struggles against anyone good and in the red zone where the throwing windows get too tight for his arm and vision.

The past 4 games are a perfect example of Dak in real crunch time with pressure on him to win as the playoffs approach. Some Qbs flourish under pressure. Dak shrivels up.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score

My problem with Dak, like Colons said, is he is so dependent on his environment and we paid him like he’s a guy who can carry a football team.

It’s going to be tougher and tougher to win a title as the year go on and Dak is taking up this kind of cap space.

JJ & Co. will just keep restructuring Dak's contract, along with others, because if Dak fails to lead this team deep into the playoffs this season and next then his ego will not allow people to say he was wrong for giving Dak elite QB money....to the detriment of the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A while back he was top 5.. something is wrong and we don’t know. You don’t go from playing the way he did for streaks at a time and then settling like this..

Diehardblues

Reaction score

My problem with Dak, like Colons said, is he is so dependent on his environment and we paid him like he’s a guy who can carry a football team.

If he suks at 40 million , he’s still going to suk at 35 million. His salary just becomes talking points.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he suks at 40 million , he’s still going to suk at 35 million. His salary just becomes talking points.

If you can run the ball he’s a pretty good player.

If you ask him to throw a lot he’s going to give you a 50/50 shot to win at best unless we’re playing some garbage team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Elliott is suking for 15 million this year . And we aren’t getting our 20 million worth from Lawrence this year.

Daks salary is just a talking point. If he was making 30-35 million he’d still be underperforming .

USArmyVet

Reaction score
A while back he was top 5.. something is wrong and we don’t know. You don’t go from playing the way he did for streaks at a time and then settling like this..

As has been said by numerous in this group and those in the media: Dak NEEDS the running game to be an efficient QB. Now that the running game has been slowed due to injury, Dak is revealing himself to be what he has always been.....an average QB that can't elevate his game or the team without relying on an effective running game to lead the way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you can run the ball he’s a pretty good player.

If you ask him to throw a lot he’s going to give you a 50/50 shot to win at best unless we’re playing some garbage team.
I can hear the arguments now.

We had another disappointing season but at least we only paid our QB 30 million. Lol

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
People that think Dak is elite are as rare as people, such as yourself, that think he's a bum.

The vast majority see him for what he is which is an above average, good enough to win consistently qb.

It appears your biggest gripe is his earnings figure, the FO simply gave him what they had to, to keep him because qb's that can win consistently in the NFL don't grow on tree's.

AMEN brother!

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow… I didn’t even see the first INT, because I was out at that point. There goes that staring down his guest read progression, with the hitch and clear indecision making, only to completely over sail his second routes in Lamb, because he can’t drop passes into zone areas with any consistency.

Hell, looking at the second INT again, it’s another case of not getting an accurate gage of his receiver behind a LB…. In the first case he overthrew completely, in this case he completely underthrows. Both based on clear panic, lack of anticipation and poor decision making.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As has been said by numerous in this group and those in the media: Dak NEEDS the running game to be an efficient QB. Now that the running game has been slowed due to injury, Dak is revealing himself to be what he has always been.....an average QB that can't elevate his game or the team without relying on an effective running game to lead the way.
If we’ve over valued our QB that’s on our front office not Dak.

And if he suks at 40 million he’d suk at 35 million.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dude you are a troll. You spam threads all the time. Anytime someone posts a thread you don't like you try to take it over.
Because my message is stronger and sometimes the trolls need to be trolled or squashed.

Please tell me how much better this team is if we only pay Dak 35 million.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Wow… I didn’t even see the first INT, because I was out at that point. There goes that staring down his guest read progression, with the hitch and clear indecision making, only to completely over sail his second routes in Lamb, because he can’t drop passes into zone areas with any consistency.

That pass was not only overthrown by 5 yards but Lamb was running right to left and Dak threw it to the right.....so no clue what the hell he was doing there other than getting paranoid about the incoming rush. Some claim he is physically injured but it seems he is injured in his head more than anything else.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He has played better than this with less. Or played better with the same. Who knows what’s up but if it continues we won’t go far..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If we’ve over valued our QB that’s in our front office not Dak.

And if he suks at 40 million he’d suk at 30 million.

I am one that thinks they did in fact overvalue Dak and yes, the front office yet again is paying guys for what they have done instead of what they will do (see J. Smith, DLaw, Zeke, etc.). Personally I think QB salaries are all over inflated and hurt teams in the long run.