Video: Colin: We need to temper our expectations for Dak Prescott:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well, when it comes time to pay Parsons, we had better get a QB on a rookie deal.

Yep, I suspect that Zeke is gone after next season and I doubt if Dak is getting resigned to another deal after the current ridiculous one end. I suppose we should all be grateful that he demanded 4 years vs the 5 that Jerry wanted.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Colin is right. You get what you pay for in the draft. You draft a mid round talent quarterback to be your long term starter, you're going to get middling quarterback play. You draft a guy #1 overall and you're probably going to have a top offense for a long time. It is what it is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yep, I suspect that Zeke is gone after next season and I doubt if Dak is getting resigned to another deal after the current ridiculous one end. I suppose we should all be grateful that he demanded 4 years vs the 5 that Jerry wanted.
Jerry bought a pop up tent for the price you'd pay for a mansion.

He'll never say it, but you know he regrets it. Jerry isn't getting younger.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Colin is right. You get what you pay for in the draft. You draft a mid round talent quarterback to be your long term starter, you're going to get middling quarterback play. You draft a guy #1 overall and you're probably going to have a top offense for a long time. It is what it is.
The thing is Dak wouldn't have even be drafted at all if he said "ya know, after 5 years I'm not going to run the ball anymore".

He was drafted because he was a dual-threat QB and used his legs as weapons. He would have never been drafted on his ability to throw the ball.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
The thing is Dak wouldn't have even be drafted at all if he said "ya know, after 5 years I'm not going to run the ball anymore".

He was drafted because he was a dual-threat QB and used his legs as weapons. He would have never been drafted on his ability to throw the ball.
115%.

He was drafted to be Tyrod Taylor, pre-injury Teddy Bridgewater, or a poor man's Alex Smith.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Tom Brady and Joe Montana say hello. There’s many other examples as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with Colin with the exception of Arizona. Their Qb hasn't achieved anything in the post season either and is on the same tier as Prescott. Whats that little guy going to do when playoff defenses keep him in the pocket and force him to throw over those 6'4 OLmen. Kyler is not in the same tier as Rodgers or Mahomes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s a product of the system and how on earth they got held hostage by Dak’s agent is unbelievable.

Jerry got held hostage by DLAWs agent and Zeke's agent........ Dak was no surprise......... when we say Jerry is the worst GM that ever lived, it is not hyperbole or based on only one thing. He has multitude of weaknesses and negotiating contracts that hamstring the club is a big one.

Nav22

Reaction score
Imagine being so stupid that you think you know more about football than....

1) NFL players
2) NFL coaches
and 3) NFL front office personnel

These 3 groups were each polled this offseason.

Each of those 3 groups ranked Dak among the top 8 QBs in the NFL.

This thread is pure clown ****.

Dak’s in a slump, and that means he was never any good?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree with Colin with the exception of Arizona. Their Qb hasn't achieved anything in the post season either and is on the same tier as Prescott. Whats that little guy going to do when playoff defenses keep him in the pocket and force him to throw over those 6'4 OLmen. Kyler is not in the same tier as Rodgers or Mahomes.

Man Kyler is really really good.

He can make plays from the pocket but his game is breaking the pocket and throwing downfield.

If Dallas had Kyler it would be game over.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I don’t know about all this. I do know that I have seen Dak make some bad throws the past few weeks that he typically doesn’t make. Is it injury? Is it coaching? Something else? I just know they have to figure it out and right soon.

khiladi

Reaction score
Meh, you are talking about a GM that traded two firsts for Joey Galloway and multiple picks for Roy Williams. He gets hosed.

Extended Garrett when Garrett was getting feelers off of Sparano’s work and did it again…