ColinCowherd reacts to Commanders hiring Dan Quinn as head coach

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he's wrong but I can see a major rebound in Washington.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Washington has all the tools to be a mega sleeper team in 2024. Tons of cap space, 6 picks in the top 100ish this year including a 1st rounder where you can land a blue chip QB. I think DQ is going to have to hit on his OC choice, but one thing to keep in mind the weakness of the Cowboys defense was right up the middle....Washington has two excellent DTs in Payne/Allen.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Washington has no chance. With an incompetent, dirtbag owner like Snyder, you can count on them crashing and burning ... oh, wait.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It sounds like it sure, and demeco looks like a great hire but ya know what helps? Drafting a qb who plays absolutely elite as a rookie. Easier said than done. Washington needs to do that then we can talk

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Houston Texans??? Where did that come from? The Texans have a better coach and crushed the draft on both sides of the ball with the 2nd and 3rd pick.

Comparing these situations is a HUGE reach.
People like to make comparisons to what we know but the reality is Ryans was a new upcoming coach, while Quinn is a 2nd time coach with a .500 record. I expect Washington will be better because they have no other place to go but up.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Washington has all the tools to be a mega sleeper team in 2024. Tons of cap space, 6 picks in the top 100ish this year including a 1st rounder where you can land a blue chip QB. I think DQ is going to have to hit on his OC choice, but one thing to keep in mind the weakness of the Cowboys defense was right up the middle....Washington has two excellent DTs in Payne/Allen.
I was about to say the same. They have a ton of cap space and a lot of picks. They could go from the basement to at least 2nd in the division with better coaching and better pieces on their offensive line and etc. Washington isn't as bad as we made them look in both games lol Lets just see if they make some decent signings and draft selections. I would be mad if the Commanders rebuild (which they already started) and make it to the Super Bowl again before we do.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He said the same thing about Kellen Moore with the Chargers and now after just one season Kellen Moore is now onto a different team. Cowherd does this with every coach and player who leaves the Cowboy for another team.

Carson

Reaction score
And the Texans picked a generational QB. That's the big difference
They also had a solid OL, great WR, good TE and the defense had playmakers.

They also had a ton of playmakers on D, Harris, Stingley, Pitre, Perryman etc

Creeper

Reaction score
Washington has talent on the defensive front for sure, and they have a couple of players on offense who are pretty good. But their OL needs a major overhaul. They traded away their two edge guys, and their secondary is not great either.

They could be better next year, but there is no guarantee whoever they draft at QB will be successful. More than likely he will struggle in 2024. Stroud in Houston is an exception.

Aven8

Reaction score
Houston like Detroit nailed the draft.

Houston has the OROY and could be DROY in Anderson. Amazing

Asklesko

Reaction score
The Houston Texans??? Where did that come from? The Texans have a better coach and crushed the draft on both sides of the ball with the 2nd and 3rd pick.

Comparing these situations is a HUGE reach.
DQ could smash the draft too. You never know.