ColinCowherd reacts to Commanders hiring Dan Quinn as head coach

rambo2

Reaction score
I hope he's wrong but I can see a major rebound in Washington.

It just depends on if they hit at qb. They should be able to get some good players in the draft this year. If they draft a qb at 2 and he is a bust, they are screwed. Just like the Jets have been.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I hope he's wrong but I can see a major rebound in Washington.

Hey Coward, how does Quinn's butt taste?????? You have to be out of your mind to compare the YOUNG Texans an up-and-coming threat in the NFL to the lowly Commanders with another Big O bald tire hire.......................LOL!

nobody

Reaction score
DQ is a great regular season coach. But then he goes and blows important games in the post-season with inexplicable changes in scheme and sabotages things. We saw it with him as a HC, then saw it here with him as a DC. I don't fear the Commanders with him at the help even if their defense might improve in the regular season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He said Quinn will take care of the defense? As an HC his defenses gave huge leads. Washington will continue to struggle until they find a QB.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
He said Quinn will take care of the defense? As an HC his defenses gave huge leads. Washington will continue to struggle until they find a QB.
When he was ATL HC and went to a superbowl, this defense was ranked 27 or something like that.

stinkface

Reaction score
Washington has talent on the defensive front for sure, and they have a couple of players on offense who are pretty good. But their OL needs a major overhaul. They traded away their two edge guys, and their secondary is not great either.

They could be better next year, but there is no guarantee whoever they draft at QB will be successful. More than likely he will struggle in 2024. Stroud in Houston is an exception.
They lost two of those top flight guys on the D front and another first round pick on that line want's out. He will have his work cut out on that defense for sure. Also their O line is trash. He's got a lot to fix.

Mark

Reaction score
And the Texans picked a generational QB. That's the big difference
Curious that, while a "generation" is typically considered to be a period of between 20-30 years, the NFL finds a new "generational" QB nearly every other season.

Last edited:

DCwarrior

Reaction score
ah I see it now. Thanks, I was like dang how do you not know lol.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm actually excited to see Washington possibly bounce back

But I don't like the Quinn hire that much for them. It's better than before, and they've got draft capital and new ownership, so their fans shouldn't complain.

I just don't see that parallel with Houston (who I am also happy for)

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I was about to say the same. They have a ton of cap space and a lot of picks. They could go from the basement to at least 2nd in the division with better coaching and better pieces on their offensive line and etc. Washington isn't as bad as we made them look in both games lol Lets just see if they make some decent signings and draft selections. I would be mad if the Commanders rebuild (which they already started) and make it to the Super Bowl again before we do.
Their atrocious uniforms legit make them seem even worse.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Houston Texans??? Where did that come from? The Texans have a better coach and crushed the draft on both sides of the ball with the 2nd and 3rd pick.

Comparing these situations is a HUGE reach.
It's not only a reach it is insanity if he things Ryan is on the same level as DQ is at this point in his coaching profession. There is little guarantee that the #2 QB in the draft will be a franchise QB and it is unrealistic to think whoever the WFT picks will come close to what the Texans scored in this last draft