College football guru Tim Brando on all things

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The title does not do the interview justice FWIW.
If you love college football I'd strongly suggest giving this the 15 or so mins.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobby Bowden was a good man.
People forget that he was at WVU before he went to FSU

Also if you have ever watched the movie....We Are Marshall
When Marshall was trying to get a new team with a new HC,
The HC went to WVU to try to learn the Veer offense. HC Bobby Bowden
told his assistants to help the Marshall HC and give him
what he needed.

Kind of the reason I used to like FSU. After Bowden left I did cheer on Jimbo for a bit because he has WV ties as well but Jimbo Crapped the bed. However ATM has to be having buyers remorse.

On side note since they brought up Oliver Luck in the Video.
Oliver is a good man. He helped WVU to get into the Big 12.
He is now helping Oregon St and Washington St....however contrary to what
Brando and other have said He is not helping the pac as a whole nor is he working with Stanford or Cal.

That prior Pac 12 implosion is really something.
Some West Coast and Pac Journalist like Tony Altmore, Canzano and Wilner was putting out so much false information whether they knew it or not.

It has become clear that WSU AD Kirk Shulz was the loose lips that were telling these guys stuff. Problem is this guy is so far in lala land or he is a habitual liar.

So those guys like Altimore and Canzano started making fun of Big 12 fans.Callng them names, Saying they were part of a 12anon conspiracy nuts. Saying nobody wants to play in the Truck Stop Conference or Fly Over conference.
Also said that te Big 12 people were lying and they were in a major plot to make the Pac 12 look bad in order to get their teams to leave.

Never really blamed the Pacs ADs or Presidents. Never thought they would be offered less than the Big 12. They were sure they were going to get way more and at the very worst the same.

Anyone questioning it were liars. Got called names. Were made fun of on their platforms. No other Pac teams were leaving blah bla blah

Some of them are still in a bit of denial abut they are coming around. They want to blame everyone but the schools AD and Presidents.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bobby Bowden was a good man.
People forget that he was at WVU before he went to FSU

Also if you have ever watched the movie....We Are Marshall
When Marshall was trying to get a new team with a new HC,
The HC went to WVU to try to learn the Veer offense. HC Bobby Bowden
told his assistants to help the Marshall HC and give him
what he needed.

Kind of the reason I used to like FSU. After Bowden left I did cheer on Jimbo for a bit because he has WV ties as well but Jimbo Crapped the bed. However ATM has to be having buyers remorse.

On side note since they brought up Oliver Luck in the Video.
Oliver is a good man. He helped WVU to get into the Big 12.
He is now helping Oregon St and Washington St....however contrary to what
Brando and other have said He is not helping the pac as a whole nor is he working with Stanford or Cal.

That prior Pac 12 implosion is really something.
Some West Coast and Pac Journalist like Tony Altmore, Canzano and Wilner was putting out so much false information whether they knew it or not.

It has become clear that WSU AD Kirk Shulz was the loose lips that were telling these guys stuff. Problem is this guy is so far in lala land or he is a habitual liar.

So those guys like Altimore and Canzano started making fun of Big 12 fans.Callng them names, Saying they were part of a 12anon conspiracy nuts. Saying nobody wants to play in the Truck Stop Conference or Fly Over conference.
Also said that te Big 12 people were lying and they were in a major plot to make the Pac 12 look bad in order to get their teams to leave.

Never really blamed the Pacs ADs or Presidents. Never thought they would be offered less than the Big 12. They were sure they were going to get way more and at the very worst the same.

Anyone questioning it were liars. Got called names. Were made fun of on their platforms. No other Pac teams were leaving blah bla blah

Some of them are still in a bit of denial abut they are coming around. They want to blame everyone but the schools AD and Presidents.
This is all so painfully on point.
I tweeted at Altimore once saying man they are gonna roast you alive if you are wrong about this stuff.
He said Big 12 folks are lying to you and you deserve better.
I said maybe but what if it is actually Pac folks lying to you?

I present:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about this insanity of Stanford, Cal and SMU possibly joining the ACC.

Stanford/Cal and ACC just do not make sense. At least the B1G got four teams to help with being all the way out on the west coast.

Now SMU at first it was they were willing to give up three to five years of pay to join a P5.
They tried to get in Big 12 and were told no
Tried to get into Pac before the pac folded.
Now the ACC voted no the first time around and it was leaked that some were ok with Cal/Stan but not for SMU.

Now it is being reported that SMU is willing to go SEVEN years without being paid by ACC.

Now I know SMU has a rich alumni/booster base. But that is just freaking crazy.
SMU is trying to get into a power 4, I get that.
It is SMUs money to burn, I get that.
I actually blame ACC more for considering taking that team just for that reason. When you could add Oregon State and Washington state to team with Cal/Stanford. Or any other G5 schools that would be more deserving.

On top of all of this. Just imagine if you agreed to go Seven Years without payment. Paying all of your travel costs only for the ACC to have 2-8 teams wanting to leave the conference you are trying to get into and possibly actually leaving before that time is up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How about this insanity of Stanford, Cal and SMU possibly joining the ACC.

Stanford/Cal and ACC just do not make sense. At least the B1G got four teams to help with being all the way out on the west coast.

Now SMU at first it was they were willing to give up three to five years of pay to join a P5.
They tried to get in Big 12 and were told no
Tried to get into Pac before the pac folded.
Now the ACC voted no the first time around and it was leaked that some were ok with Cal/Stan but not for SMU.

Now it is being reported that SMU is willing to go SEVEN years without being paid by ACC.

Now I know SMU has a rich alumni/booster base. But that is just freaking crazy.
SMU is trying to get into a power 4, I get that.
It is SMUs money to burn, I get that.
I actually blame ACC more for considering taking that team just for that reason. When you could add Oregon State and Washington state to team with Cal/Stanford. Or any other G5 schools that would be more deserving.

On top of all of this. Just imagine if you agreed to go Seven Years without payment. Paying all of your travel costs only for the ACC to have 2-8 teams wanting to leave the conference you are trying to get into and possibly actually leaving before that time is up.
SMU has a high school stadium. It is a bad situation because they are locked in by location.
Even with all that money they can't really do jack about the stadium. They've tried but that property is worth billions around the stadium and school.
So I think they have a very hard ceiling.
But I don't blame them.
They make more sense for the ACC than the Bay area schools.

SMU/Tulane to ACC would make a ton of sense.

Stanford and Cal can't get people into the stadium or to watch on TV. Bay area is a specific challenge as football isn't a high priority for them.

Coast to coast travel is literally nuts.
You need a bye week in there to handle it.
Otherwise, it is 1 Coast then other coast, then back to original coast... Thats insane. Severe competitive disadvantage.
If you are Clemson and your schedule week 5-7 is:
Boston College H
Stanford Away A
UNC H
Miami A

You are losing 1 if not 2 of those games.
That doesn't include possible games versus Notre Dame or FSU the true powerhouses.
Does a 3 loss Clemson who loses the ACC title to FSU even make the 12-team playoff if they also lost to a Stanford?
Very questionable.
Is it worth risking for 3-4M per year? I'd say no which is why they keep voting no IMO.