College football's coaching stunners

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good read...just posting this part of the article with Tommy Tuberville stories.

When Ole Miss coach Tommy Tuberville was being mentioned as a possible candidate to fill a vacancy at SEC rival Auburn in 1998, he assured Rebels fans that he wasn't going anywhere.

"They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box," Tuberville said.

He took the Auburn job two days later.

and

According to published reports, Tuberville was having dinner with Texas Tech recruits in Lubbock, Texas, when he accepted the Cincinnati job.

Tuberville later denied the report, but a junior college recruit who was at the dinner told a Texas Tech recruiting site: "The waitress brought our food out, and we thought [Tuberville] went to the bathroom, but he never came back to dinner. Then next thing I know, the next day, he made an announcement that he's going to Cincinnati."

read the rest of the article http://espn.go.com/college-football...just-latest-surprise-coaching-move?src=mobile

Again it is a good read

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He sounds like a jerk!

Definitely not a man of his word.

Do they exist anymore? :huh:

yimyammer

Reaction score
I went to Tech and hated that hire from day one, there was no way he was going to stay in Lubbock for an extended period of time but getting rid of Mike Leach was even worse imo, smh.....