college games today

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
some of the worst offensive systems I've ever seen...watching OSU, Texas and Georgia it all looks like the same garbage...QB's with almost no pasing ability lining up in the shotgun, faking a run one way and taking off the other...

just horrendous football IMO

David

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
haha, yea, but that's the college football M.O. for the most part.

it's not pretty football.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
some of the worst offensive systems I've ever seen...watching OSU, Texas and Georgia it all looks like the same garbage...QB's with almost no pasing ability lining up in the shotgun, faking a run one way and taking off the other...

just horrendous football IMO

David

It's called the "Spread Option" and it's the new "thing" to do now that that Florida coach has had so much success with it (at Utah).

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
It's called the "Spread Option" and it's the new "thing" to do now that that Florida coach has had so much success with it (at Utah).

and it sux...if I'm a bigtime offensive prospect I wouldnt want any part of any of those type systems...unless I want to be the enxt great CFL star

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and it sux...if I'm a bigtime offensive prospect I wouldnt want any part of any of those type systems...unless I want to be the enxt great CFL star

David

You know who the #1 pick in this year's draft played for and what offense they ran, right?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
You know who the #1 pick in this year's draft played for and what offense they ran, right?

yeah I do, and you see the #1 overall pick is 3rd on the Niners depth chart right? He looked hopeless all preseason

he's gonna be a MAMMOTH bust

David

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
You can't compare Meyer's offense with these travesties. (Oh, and add Michael Robinson at Penn State to your junk offense/QB list).

Great athletes who happen to line up at quarterback all. Alex Smith and seemingly Chris Leak this year are quality quarterbacks who happen to be athletes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yeah I do, and you see the #1 overall pick is 3rd on the Niners depth chart right? He looked hopeless all preseason

he's gonna be a MAMMOTH bust

David

Hey, I didn't say I disagree with you about that offense. But it is fact that QB that ran that offense is the #1 pick.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
Hey, I didn't say I disagree with you about that offense. But it is fact that QB that ran that offense is the #1 pick.

might also be a fact that SF doesnt know what the heck they are doing too

Smith had no business being a #1 overall pick...probably had no business being a 1st rd pick

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
might also be a fact that SF doesnt know what the heck they are doing too

Smith had no business being a #1 overall pick...probably had no business being a 1st rd pick

David

No argument from me on that one. They should of drafted Braylon Edwards.