College players getting paid

Insomniac

Reaction score
I've been hearing stories about boosters paying players under the table for 50 years. Now they're paying them above the table, and almost certainly doing it in a way that the NIL payments are business expenses, probably tax deductible. I guess in the future the best college teams will be the schools with the most billionaires in their fan base. I can just see, in 2032 we could see "Harvard University National Championship" t-shirts. :D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Its funny at everyone getting mad at the wrong people here. The schools arent to blame, the players aren't to blame, the courts arent to blame

The blame lies in the stupid fans that are willing to spend 100's of dollars for a signed jersey of these players. The blame lies in the fans who will rush to buy over priced tickets to events they care not one iota about because the player they like is gonna be there. If fans stopped spending the money, then there would be no money for these NIL deals. Don't hate the player, don't hate the game, hate the ones who fund it.

Sydla

Reaction score
College football is on a slow slide to who knows what. But it ain't good.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Saban should not have singled out Jimbo Fischer for taking advantage of the current chaos. So what if he paid for his #1 ranked recruiting class with NIL deals? Thats where we are in college football and I think the coaches who have benefitted most from the previous system are going to lose to the most. Money levels the playing field by changing the recruiting game. Guys like Saban and Swinney are great recruiters and salesmen. The ability to sell your program to a 17 year old has been the most important predictor of college football success until now. That system of rewarding coaches and administrators and not players was totally unfair. This new system that is evolving is far more fair and equitable, particularly since most college degrees aren't worth the paper.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Quit whining Saban and adjust with the times. Great coaches shouldn’t need the top recruiting class every year to win.