Collins and Green back to their original positions

d_dub88

Reaction score
He’s been absolutely abysmal in pass blocking.
He held up well against JPP. And was very good against Miller until we had to pass every down. I have very few problems with his play tonight compared to the rest of the o-line. Nobody got a gold star tonight.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Collins has struggled in space at 2nd level. Will be interesting for All 22 to show what happened.

For pass protection he's lucky he's so big and strong because it seems he loses his balance a lot but he's not beaten a lot because he can hold the block just long enough. He has struggled at times with speed rush.

I don't know enough about Green at LG. Frederick and Tyron next to him had real shaky starts tonight though.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wow overreact much. The answer is no, these guys are 3 games into the season with new positions. Both have struggled at times and dominated at others. Stay at their spots as they continue to get better and learn. By the end of the season you will see it pay off.

Anybody wanting Free back is silly and jumping to conclusions. Half this board wanted Lawrence gone too......glad yall don't make the decisions

Collins will be fine. The guy is pancaking people on a pretty consistant basis...in the running game. I'll take that over giving up the occasional pressure.:rolleyes:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Collins will be fine. The guy is pancaking people on a pretty consistant basis...in the running game. I'll take that over giving up the occasional pressure.:rolleyes:
I agree with you. At times he looks like an all-pro

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The best RT should play there. That's for the coaches and then the players to decide not the common fan. They have to decide the overall picture of who fits best at left guard AND right tackle.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The best RT should play there. That's for the coaches and then the players to decide not the common fan. They have to decide the overall picture of who fits best at left guard AND right tackle.
Unfortunately the best OT is playing LG because they feel more comfortable replacing him if need be with cooper if he gets sand in his jock.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Run blocking.......he needs work. Pass protection, he's proven worth his salt. He's mean, nasty and hates to lose the battle..give him some time.

Agreed. He's actually looked better pass blocking than run blocking. Not sure what caused it, but he was in the backfield on several running plays causing stuffs or very short gains.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know it was a money issue, but we should have never let Leary walk...........he was a monster in the run game.

duro420

Reaction score
Von Miller didn’t touch Dak til garbage time last week. Let’s get rid of the bum blocking him

This, man... c'mon, it's clear you guys are watching the games wrong or something. I mean that guy that said something about free looking all-pro- that's a scary and reckless thing to say. Are you good there @ theogt? You sound disoriented, are you able to move your fingers. Is he/she gonna be ok you guys? Collins is fine-i dnt see any reason to panic or make a thread about it, but when in zone

mitchell2254

Reaction score
This, man... c'mon, it's clear you guys are watching the games wrong or something. I mean that guy that said something about free looking all-pro- that's a scary and reckless thing to say. Are you good there @ theogt? You sound disoriented, are you able to move your fingers. Is he/she gonna be ok you guys? Collins is fine-i dnt see any reason to panic or make a thread about it, but when in zone
I think you misunderstood my post. Read the whole thing slowly

duro420

Reaction score
He’s been absolutely abysmal in pass blocking.

You're inadvertently trolling your own and that's how one ends up playin they self. You sure you watched these last three games right? I'm thinking you did something wrong when the games were on. Did you accidentally miss every play on offense? Let me know, we'll figure this out, I just know it.

bpfred

Reaction score
Collins has been terrible at tackle. Makes Free look like an all pro.
I agree with this post completely.

The biggest reason this offense hasn't been able to sustain drives the way it did last year is because of the play of Green and Collins. Tyron Smith hasn't been as good as last year either, but he hasn't been horrible. Green and Collins have been really bad.

I hope they improve, they both have the ability to--we'll see.

duro420

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my post. Read the whole thing slowly

No I followed, we haven't looked quite as dominant running the ball, and daks had more pressure and defenders in his face so why not try that line-up from last year and see if it spells more efficiently the running game and scoring. Why not but we are not at that point yet where we need to toy around. Let the chemistry and their comfort level have a few weeks to gel. It hasn't been atrocious or lol, abysmal, by any means. I actually thought Collins was one of the few bright spots last week vs Denver. Patience yo

mitchell2254

Reaction score
No I followed, we haven't looked quite as dominant running the ball, and daks had more pressure and defenders in his face so why not try that line-up from last year and see if it spells more efficiently the running game and scoring. Why not but we are not at that point yet where we need to toy around. Let the chemistry and their comfort level have a few weeks to gel. It hasn't been atrocious or lol, abysmal, by any means. I actually thought Collins was one of the few bright spots last week vs Denver. Patience yo
Should I have added *Sarcasm*

I’m on your side here