Twitter: Collins is in great shape

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You also said Philbin was a bad coach when he deserved a Gold medal for last years performance because “he didn’t have any pro bowlers” lol. So forgive me but. When I’m deciding between doctors who do this for a living. And guys at home on the couch. I’m taking the doctors word.

Philbin is a bad coach.

His tenure as HC of the Dolphins is proof positive of that.

Not just arse on the field but the culture was highly toxic and tone deaf.

Reaction score
Philbin is a bad coach.

There are many examples of coaches who failed as head coaches but were very good position coaches or coordinators.

Wade Phillips is just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous others

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
There are many examples of coaches who failed as head coaches but were very good position coaches or coordinators.

Wade Phillips is just the tip of the iceberg. There are numerous others

His lack of leadership extended to locker room culture.

And Philbin zone blocking will be put to test this season, especially in run game where his system has struggled.

Which is surprising since he is supposed to be a disciple of Alex Gibbs who is the zone run blocking guru of all gurus.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I don’t believe any of the talk
First he was out of shape, next he needed a hip replacement
I can't find anything on the web about hip replacement surgery. Lots about hip surgery.

Can you please give us a link concerning the hip replacement he had.

Obviously these can be two hugely different things and I'd be surprised if anyone would play pro football post replacement of a joint.

I did find a thing that came out last Dec. that said his cartilage in that hip joint was gone. If that's the cast I see no repair that fixes that other than replacement surgery. Just no specifics out there that I can find outlining what was wrong with LC and what was done for his hip. Just vague and genericl info

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I can't find anything on the web about hip replacement surgery. Lots about hip surgery.

Obviously these can be two hugely different things and I'd be surprised if anyone would play pro football post replacement of a joint.

not a lot of info out there on the hip injury.

HIPA laws and his agent(s) have done a good job of keeping things quiet.

Plus, Collins is due 30 million in base over 2022-24. Everyone wants a cut.

TCrawford made it 2-3 seasons on bad hips. It can be done.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Philbin is a bad coach.

hes on the list of "to be fired this season."

If he's lucky, the OL will hold together and he'll look like a genius.

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score

I did find a thing that came out last Dec. that said his cartilage in that hip joint was gone. If that's the cast I see no repair that fixes that other than replacement surgery. Just no specifics out there that I can find outlining what was wrong with LC and what was done for his hip. Just vague and genericl info
Many posters here at the time said his career was over from the minor surgery
It obviously wasn’t that big a deal or he wouldn’t be back already and looks to be in best shape of his career so he’s been working out awhile

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Many posters here at the time said his career was over from the minor surgery
It obviously wasn’t that big a deal or he wouldn’t be back already and looks to be in best shape of his career so he’s been working out awhile

he's doing a "toe tap" workout.

8/

CoachD

Reaction score

Last year the talk was Collins was too out of shape. From this gif he looks pretty dang svelte for an OL. With Tyron giddy after his offseason surgery this line will be better than it has been in a couple years. Gonna be a fun season.

Like I've never heard that before.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
LC missed an entire season because of the hip.

toe dancing in a workout video doesn’t do it. 8/

im not a Philbin fan. He’s big buddies with Mike, just like Nolan.

Philbin was the lone bright spot man. By all rights the offensive line should have been a dumpster fire last year and yet we had rookies come in and still be competitive. Compared to the slop we saw on defense, Philbin was a massive success.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I told you the Haters were not going to like this. They can’t handle good news. They enjoy being miserable and this doesn’t compute with them (YOU)
I’m very optimistic, BUT...

Nobody should ever pay attention to any of the, “I’m in the best shape of my life” talk in preseason. Everyone says it; it means nothing. It’s not good news, bad news or any kind of news. Just like, “I’ve taken up karate/ballet/yoga and my handwork/flexibility is much better.” Preseason happy-talk is to be ignored.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m very optimistic, BUT...

Nobody should ever pay attention to any of the, “I’m in the best shape of my life” talk in preseason. Everyone says it; it means nothing. It’s not good news, bad news or any kind of news. Just like, “I’ve taken up karate/ballet/yoga and my handwork/flexibility is much better.” Preseason happy-talk is to be ignored.
Show me quotes of everyone saying they’re in the best shape of their life.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Philbin was the lone bright spot man. By all rights the offensive line should have been a dumpster fire last year and yet we had rookies come in and still be competitive. Compared to the slop we saw on defense, Philbin was a massive success.

I don’t know….I think the OL was bad.

but Philbin got a pass.

Scotman

Reaction score
Imploding OL "does not equal" Good Job by Philbin. thats an excuse.

he was likely given a pass by Jerry and Co because of the injuries and lack of depth at both Tackle spots.

I respectfully disagree. I thought he did a great job. I feel like he created depth for us going forward that wasn't there before. He didn't turn street free agents into All Pros, but he had them looking more or less like NFL linemen by the end of the year.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Last year the talk was Collins was too out of shape. From this gif he looks pretty dang svelte for an OL. With Tyron giddy after his offseason surgery this line will be better than it has been in a couple years. Gonna be a fun season.

Seriously what the hell is up with these 4 second speeded up clips. I honestly can't think anyone buys into these.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HIPAA does not apply. It would only apply to covered entities, i.e. health care providers, medical billing, etc. It also does not apply for worker's compensation, which Collins injury should be covered under. In worker's comp, HIPAA does not prevent the doctors from providing medical information to employers. HIPAA would also not prevent the Cowboys from coming out and saying exactly what the injury/surgery was, but there is no benefit in them doing that. That's why player's show up on injury reports (that and gambling purposes).
It does prevent disclosure to the media without permission from the player/agent.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Svelte is not necessarily good. Could just as well indicate a guy who couldn't keep his weight up because he was limited from hip issues.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It’s a cheap bet on LC for 2021.
his base is only 1.5 million.
cheaper than taking a RT in the first round. he’s due 30 million in base over 2022-2024.
my bet is that hip is chronic.

Wait till that hip replacement starts taking the beating every week that you know it has to take on that OL by a big strong guy, play after play.
Somehow I doubt we've heard the last of that hip problem.
Count me hopeful but skeptical.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Wait till that hip replacement starts taking the beating every week that you know it has to take on that OL by a big strong guy, play after play.
Somehow I doubt we've heard the last of that hip problem.
Count me hopeful but skeptical.
Nah, I performed the surgery myself. And I used transparent aluminum or as some call it...bullet proof plastic. So his hip is six times stronger than it was before.