Collinsworth Leaving Fox

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Collinsworthless. I don't like him. He says the same thing every game - always finds something "inexcusable".

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love popping in the TG game from last year and hearing Troy and Cris going back and forth about Henson.

Cris - "That's inexcusable by Henson"

Troy - "The guy hasn't played football in four years...there'll be some growing pains."

-------------

The next drive...

Troy - "Wow, I can't believe they let him back on the field!"

I cracked up at that one.

------

Troy will now begin to assert himself as the league's top analyst.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
junk said:
Too bad we have to deal with him on NBC. Why couldn't he have gone to work at IHOP instead?

Because he was turned down by WalMart as a greeter. :lmao:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
I love popping in the TG game from last year and hearing Troy and Cris going back and forth about Henson.

Cris - "That's inexcusable by Henson"

Troy - "The guy hasn't played football in four years...there'll be some growing pains."

-------------

The next drive...

Troy - "Wow, I can't believe they let him back on the field!"

I cracked up at that one.

I don't remember that...was Troy being facetious or did he do a complete 180?

1fisher

Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
Because he was turned down by WalMart as a greeter. :lmao:

what's wrong with being a greeter at the big Mart??? that's my occupation...JK

glad to see Collinswod leaving........adios..

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
I couldnt stand collinsworth, he annoyed the **** out of me with all his worthless babble.....

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tass said:
I don't remember that...was Troy being facetious or did he do a complete 180?

He was being very sarcastic...to the point of making Cris' comments look completely foolish. Buck commented that it was facetious.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Collingsworth was good enough to add spice because Troy is kind of bland. Troy is trying, though, and has improved. I found Troy very critical of QB'ing, because that's what he knows best, and Collingsworth similarly critical of WR's. Neither sees the complete picture and thus both still tend to follow the pack of popular media opinion. Moose is one of the best, and I also liked Dierdorf and Dan Fouts.

Madden follows the pack a bit more now than he used to, but as a former coach he offers a much broader range of insight than most. I'd love to hear BP in the booth when all is said and done, but I'll bet he won't be willing to travel that much.

From what I've seen, what we need are ex-coaches who are young enough to put up with the travel yet knowledgable enough to lend insight with the new offensive and defensive wrinkles that are rolled out each year.

As for play by play, it doesn't get much better than Buck or Al Michaels.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFL | Collinsworth Move Confirmed
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:17:57 -0700

Updating previous reports, NBC has confirmed NFL analyst Cris Collinsworth will leave Fox to become a studio analyst and co-host of NBC's Sunday Night Football, which will begin during the 2006 NFL season. NBC will have a one-hour studio show before the game telecast, which will start shortly after 8 p.m. on the East Coast.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Collinsworthless. I don't like him. He says the same thing every game - always finds something "inexcusable".

Try counting how many times Aikman says 'tremendous' in a broadcast....

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

this is troy :D :

wow that 2 yard throw to a wide open RB was so tremndous

Wow that -1 yard run was so effective, he's such a great RB

:cool:

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Now that you say it, he definitely does prefer that word. I just find 'tremendous' less annoying than 'inexcusable'. I also find Collinsworth's voice annoying, and that grimace he always has on his face. I guess it is all personal preference.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are plenty I find somewhat annoying....I would even say I felt bad for Summerall in his last year as you could tell he was struggling.

However by far, and without a doubt, the only two that just really irk me to no end is Theisman and McGwire.

mperfection

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Collingsworth was good enough to add spice because Troy is kind of bland. Troy is trying, though, and has improved. I found Troy very critical of QB'ing, because that's what he knows best, and Collingsworth similarly critical of WR's. Neither sees the complete picture and thus both still tend to follow the pack of popular media opinion. Moose is one of the best, and I also liked Dierdorf and Dan Fouts.

Madden follows the pack a bit more now than he used to, but as a former coach he offers a much broader range of insight than most. I'd love to hear BP in the booth when all is said and done, but I'll bet he won't be willing to travel that much.

From what I've seen, what we need are ex-coaches who are young enough to put up with the travel yet knowledgable enough to lend insight with the new offensive and defensive wrinkles that are rolled out each year.
One of the best posts on this thread thus far.
As for play by play, it doesn't get much better than Buck or Al Michaels.
Agreed completely - with the possible exception of the "Madden follows the pack a bit more now...". Madden is STILL in a league of his own as a color analyst. Troy is ONLY in the booth because of his "star" status - pun intended.