Colombo was bigtime find

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Marc Colombo has played GREAT.

When a guy along the line is invisible and you don't even think about him at all--it's almost always a good thing.

With Colombo it's a VERY good thing.

Here is a guy who we got at JC Penny prices not once but TWICE.

And he's playing like a guy we payed top dollar for at Neiman Marcus.

Remember Marc was at one time a 1st round selection by the Bears. We got him as a castaway. Often injured the guy really came around under Bill Parcells. I think he's even botten better this season.

What amazed me is that--along with Patrick Crayton--all 32 teams had a crack to sign the guy this past offseason. For whatever reason nobody stepped up to offer the man anything close to a typical free-agent contract.

Whew. Twice over: Whew.

Now the only tricky part is that after 08 he won't come so cheap.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Well, Crayton had a RFA tender so teams backed off from paying him big bucks and giving us a pick.

You're right, though, Colombo has been a great pickup. He's not the biggest or the fastest or the strongest, but he's playing real solid.

Reaction score
Oldschool7;1716610 said:
Marc Colombo has played GREAT.

When a guy along the line is invisible and you don't even think about him at all--it's almost always a good thing.

With Colombo it's a VERY good thing.

Here is a guy who we got at JC Penny prices not once but TWICE.

And he's playing like a guy we payed top dollar for at Neiman Marcus.

Remember Marc was at one time a 1st round selection by the Bears. We got him as a castaway. Often injured the guy really came around under Bill Parcells. I think he's even botten better this season.

What amazed me is that--along with Patrick Crayton--all 32 teams had a crack to sign the guy this past offseason. For whatever reason nobody stepped up to offer the man anything close to a typical free-agent contract.

Whew. Twice over: Whew.

Now the only tricky part is that after 08 he won't come so cheap.

Yeah Pat Crayton almost 30 years old, with average speed, above avergae hands and just now hitting his prime due to injury.

Who would have thought he would carry the ball like a loaf a bread everytime its in his hands. Sure he might have 'soft hands' but he is a fumble waiting to happen if he cant secure the ball.

Eddie

Reaction score
Columbo was a nice addition. So tired of the revolving door at RT. We've had too many oafs manning that position lately. It's nice to see Columbo settle the spot.

We have him for another year. Then we'll see.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Bryan8284;1716684 said:
Well, Crayton had a RFA tender so teams backed off from paying him big bucks and giving us a pick.

You're right, though, Colombo has been a great pickup. He's not the biggest or the fastest or the strongest, but he's playing real solid.

He is 6'8' 330lbs. How much bigger does he need to be? :confused:

sago1

Reaction score
I think other teams were unwilling to pay him the big bucks cause of continued concern about his previously severely injuried knee. Just about everybody on this board was delighted when we finally re-signed him (just after FA Leonard Davis was signed) to a 2 year contract for $7M. Colombo hopes his play this year demonstrates his knee is fine & that we'll give him a new contract after this season. If he continues to play well, we'll probably do just that (think he's 29/30) since we won't want a new RT if McQuistan or Free replace Adams at LT in 08.

sago1

Reaction score
BTW: Before TC started there was talk that McQuistan would learn OG position behind Kyle Kosier (despite our keeping OGs Proctor & Berger). But Adams knee scope prevented that since McQuistan is primary OT backup even though Free saw a lot of time at LT position during TC & preseason game (before he got hurt).

burmafrd

Reaction score
The question is does Free have more athletic ability then McQ. The one that does will be groomed for the LT position. The other will be groomed to replace Kosier.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1716685 said:
Yeah Pat Crayton almost 30 years old, with average speed, above avergae hands and just now hitting his prime due to injury.
Who would have thought he would carry the ball like a loaf a bread everytime its in his hands. Sure he might have 'soft hands' but he is a fumble waiting to happen if he cant secure the ball.

Im not as much of an age person as I am a wear and tear person.

IMO Craytons age doesn't matter. His years spent playing football is what matters.

He will be good for awhile.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Every time I read the subject to this thread my brain reads it as "Colombo was fined bigtime" and I wonder what he did to get fined.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
10102420A~Peter-Falk-Columbo-Posters.jpg

:)

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;1716744 said:
The question is does Free have more athletic ability then McQ. The one that does will be groomed for the LT position. The other will be groomed to replace Kosier.

I would like to Kosier replaced this week.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I'm just glad Superman no longer changes clothes through the right side of our OLine.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Canadian BoyzFan;1716927 said:
Sorry typed it quickly obviously.
I would like to have Kosier replaced. He sucks.

Balls.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;1716927 said:
Sorry typed it quickly obviously.
I would like to have Kosier replaced. He sucks.

I though Kosier was a good player. Not a great player but a good one. Can't have probowlers at every spot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bungarian;1716985 said:
I though Kosier was a good player. Not a great player but a good one. Can't have probowlers at every spot.

I agree you are not going to have pro bowl players through out the roster. I think Kosier is a good player and has done a good job for the most part.