Colts cheating?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I saw something on PTI earlier but didnt catch the whole story. They were saying that Titans coach Jeff Fisher was complaining about something that the colts did that was in the rules but unsportsmanlike. Anybody know what happened?

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
I saw something on PTI earlier but didnt catch the whole story. They were saying that Titans coach Jeff Fisher was complaining about something that the colts did that was in the rules but unsportsmanlike. Anybody know what happened?

Another anti-Manning thread?

Jeff Fisher is in a similar situation Parcells was 2 years ago-a mess of a front office et al has given him nothing to work with. Don't blame him for expressing his frustrations. This guy is really an under-rated coach.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
NO no no i like manning. Fisher was complaining about it and they said he never complained so i figgured the colts must have done something. Just wondering what happened.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The complaint was probably about Manning making multiple hand gestures and yelling for about 23 seconds before EVERY snap LMAO

JGalt

Reaction score
I think I heard that someone was complaining that they were cranking up the noise inside the RCA dome when the opposing team has the ball. I think that most dome teams do this and it's not prohibited.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Future 585 said:
Fisher complained that his players can't keep up with the Colts.

:grin:

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
With 24 seconds left Manning knelt down and threw tossed the ball to an official then started for the locker room. The colts stopped and turned around as the Titans were leaving the field. Manning wanted to try another play and catch the Titans, I believe the score was 24-3 at the time.
I read Mongro hit a guy (as a block) to try and stop it.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
sandtrapp said:
With 24 seconds left Manning knelt down and threw tossed the ball to an official then started for the locker room. The colts stopped and turned around as the Titans were leaving the field. Manning wanted to try another play and catch the Titans, I believe the score was 24-3 at the time.
I read Mongro hit a guy (as a block) to try and stop it.

Is this a joke? Im guessing it is but you never know...

sillycon

Reaction score
Dawgs0916 said:
Is this a joke? Im guessing it is but you never know...

no, that's what the hubbub was all about... kinda cheap coming from the Colts...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Jeff Fisher doesn't think it's fair that the Colts are winning and his team isn't.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just the Titans...

Jaguars | Del Rio complains about crowd noise in RCA Dome
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:55:14 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio has also complained about the Indianapolis Colts illegally enhancing crowd noise in the RCA Dome. An item on Jaguars.com says Del Rio had complained about the crowd noise internally but never said anything publicly about it.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Manning does this kind of BS all the time. Makes me hate him as a player.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Yep, pumping amplified crowd noise back through the PA system. I think Cowher was complaining about it too.
Nice touch.
Do they really need to do this if they actually are doing this?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
YoMick said:
The complaint was probably about Manning making multiple hand gestures and yelling for about 23 seconds before EVERY snap LMAO

:lmao2:

That is pretty annoying.

Have you noticed ELisha does it too, but just not as well?

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Peyton is never going to win a Super Bowl- I bet they lose the AFC Champ game or the SB this year. Eli will probably win one, unfortunately.

caesarod

Reaction score
Well, that's a bit of a snarky move by Jesus Manning and the Colts. Props for craftiness, I suppose. It sounds like they were testing out that little trick on the Titans for possible use later when it matters. Teams do stuff like this all the time, i.e., Marino's fake spike vs. the Jets several years ago, so it's all legal, but kinda cheesy.

If the Chiefs get a playoff spot and end up in Indy, you bet we'll be screaming for them to watch for this. Well, from our living rooms anyway.

sillycon

Reaction score
caesarod said:
Well, that's a bit of a snarky move by Jesus Manning and the Colts. Props for craftiness, I suppose. It sounds like they were testing out that little trick on the Titans for possible use later when it matters. Teams do stuff like this all the time, i.e., Marino's fake spike vs. the Jets several years ago, so it's all legal, but kinda cheesy.

If the Chiefs get a playoff spot and end up in Indy, you bet we'll be screaming for them to watch for this. Well, from our living rooms anyway.

It's crazy though. There's no need to use it now as you'll lose the element of surprise. You'd expect a team that's fighting for its playoff life to try to pull something like this in a close game but the Colts?! There's no need. They had a nice lead in the game already and weren't in serious trouble. It makes them look cheap...