Colts hire Shane Steichen as HC

Ken

Reaction score
Eagles finished 1st in the division and could still play a weaker schedule than us again.

The difference is we play Carolina, Detroit, Chargers, they play TB, Minnesota and KC

Both teams play the NFCW & AFCN.

Teams will have time to figure out more about Hurts and the offense, and how to attack the defense and if the have changes in both OC (already done) & DC as well.

It will be almost more interesting to see what happens with the Eagles and FA since they have a lot of starters as FA's. Than it will be what Dallas does, because we know what will happen there.
Ya playing Detroit and SD is way harder than Tampa and Minny.

We will be fine but it is ridiculous that there schedule isn't harder.

Ken

Reaction score
How is TB, Minn, and KC weaker than Det, Car, and Chargers?
MInny is overated. TB will be in shambles. KC is obviously hard.

Detroit will be one of the best teams in the league next year, Carolina is better than TB, and the Chargers should be a playoff team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is TB, Minn, and KC weaker than Det, Car, and Chargers?
Detroit was a tough game to win, and were playing better at the end of the season.
Carolina was not playing horrible, looked to have a good base team still.
Chargers are a good team.

Minnesota, we beat them easily, and Eagles beat them easily, so will they improve any, as they obviously weren't as good as their record. NYG beat them in the playoffs.
TB, an 8-9 playoff team that we handled easily in the playoffs, and they need a QB now.
KC, SB champs.

So now with Herbert and Moore duo, LAC can rival KC, :muttley: so that game and the Philly / KC is about even in a way. (go with me on this one) :laugh:
I rather play TB than Detroit or Carolina and maybe even the Vikings as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’ll be lucky to make it 2 seasons with no QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Never heard of him.
Eagles are probably going to drop off considerably, though SToutland the RG coordinator is still there. Steichen was Herbert's OC when the latter took over with 15 games to play and they let him go that year and Chargers fans were not happy especially with Lombardi. He basically alters the offense according to his QBs skill-set. He's worked with Rivers in WHisenhunt's offense, with Herbert implemented a Bruce Arian vertical threat passing attack and with the Eagles, the dual-threat QB for Hurts. I'd be excited if I was a Colts fan, but they ahve to draft a QB. But he's the guy you want in that decision-making process.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
For good reason. Shanahan, Mcvay, Sirianni, and Zac Taylor have combined for 5 SB appearances in the last 5 seasons. All took over bad teams and were in the SB within 3 years. All are younger than Tom Brady.

Matt Lafleur has not yet made a SB but made consecutive NFCCGs, and Mike McDaniel completely turned around the dolphins in less than 1 year. Even the “failure” Kliff Kingsbury had the Cardinals playing really well for back to back years before this year completely fell apart on him. They seem to work out at a far better rate than the older retreads.

I’m guessing Steichen trades up to 1, drafts Bryce Young, and they’re AFC South Champions by 2024.
Yep, no resistance to change. A lot of these older guys are fossils and even if they wanted to change, their mind is not as sharp anymore. The most they provide is leadership and discipline, but as far as play-calling and new trends, there doesn't seem to be much they can offer anymore.

exciter

Reaction score
honestly shocked they didn't keep Saturday....I mean he sucked but I thought that owner was determined to show he made a good decision picking him
It was made clear from the beginning that Saturday was nothing more than a stop gap to finish out the season!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m guessing Steichen trades up to 1, drafts Bryce Young, and they’re AFC South Champions by 2024.
Young weighs 195 pounds. That's over 20 less than Tua and over 30 less than Lamar.

He'd better have a great line to protect him or he's going to get destroyed.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m just glad the Rooney Rule yielded results like this…..the system does work

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Young weighs 195 pounds. That's over 20 less than Tua and over 30 less than Lamar.

He'd better have a great line to protect him or he's going to get destroyed.
But is that analytically based, or just guessing out of fear?

Would you say 240lb QBs are healthier, have fewer career ending injuries than 220lb QBs? It’s probably exactly the same. Depends on how your frame holds the weight, how much of it is body fat, what your conditioning and work ethic are. Why is a 195 QB past the breaking point, other than we just haven’t seen a guy that light before? He’s played football his entire life, been beat up by 300 lb men, and has made it to the top off the NFL draft without any stigma of not being able to play long stretches without injury.

The same concerns were there about DeVonta Smith, and people ridiculed Philly for drafting him so high because of it. Concerns that weren’t based on any data, any reality, only that “under x lbs = can’t perform in the nfl, but for no particular reason”.

I believe he’s the best quarterback, and there is no assurance that Stroud or Levis will be any healthier than Bryce