Colts vs. Bills: A closer look

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The Bills played the Colts close last Sunday.

How did they do it?

Mostly on defense: Forcing turnovers, scoring a defensive TD, and forcing Manning to throw to his TEs and RBs.

The Bills offense wasn't much of a factor, other than avoiding turnovers.

Some specific observations:

1. The Colts had two turnovers, both fumbles, one that was returned for a defensive TD and a second that led to a field goal. These turnovers went a very long way toward keeping the game close. The Bills had no turnovers.

2. The Bills threw the ball only 12 times! Losman went 8 of 12 for 83 yards. He was sacked 3 times.

3. The Bills ran 31 times for 111 yards (3.6 per carry). Not bad, but it isn't like they ran all over the Colts.

4. So, at least the Bills controlled the clock, right? Wrong. They had the ball for only 26 minutes 12 seconds.

5. The Bills did not score an offensive TD. They managed only 10 1st downs (to the Colts' 26). Four of the Bills 1st downs came on passes, four on runs, and 2 via penalties.

6. The Bills defense doubled the WRs and forced the Colts to throw underneath. Manning completed 27 of 39 passes (to 7 different receivers); 21 of the completions went to TEs/RBs. It was mostly a dink and dunk passing game.

7. The Bills did not sack Manning even once.

8. The two Colts RBs Rhodes and Addai had 78 yards (on 13 carries) and 72 yards (on 14 carries), respectively.

9. The Colts outgained the Bills in net rushing (148 to 111 yards) and net passing (236 to 51 yards).

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I sure hope we pass and run.......we are too good not to pass the ball

aznhalf

Reaction score
Well I'm glad we're not the Bills.

We actually have an offense and a defense that can swarm to those dump offs.

I like our chances

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
The most amazing thing is that the Bills were a missed FG away from winnning the game!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I hope we punk the Colts something stupid. I would love to see a 35-13 blowout. :D

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think the Key to this game will be to get on them early! Both teams have struggled scoring in the first half this year. We need to jump on them early, build up a lead and then make them ding and dunk it to get back in the game.

I really like our chances this week.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1163307 said:
The most amazing thing is that the Bills were a missed FG away from winnning the game!

oh please. colts still had 6 minutes left if the Bills made the FG. after the missed field goal, colts just ran the clock out.