Combine DL-LB Day

Big D

Reaction score
Anyone watching this on NFLN today? I think think is the group we should be most focused on in the draft. JG is in attendance which gives me hope that he's on it. lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yep, looking to see how Fred Warner, Edmunds and Roquan Smith do among some other guys too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Man, some of these LBs are killin the 40.

Lorenzo Carter 6'-5" 250 lbs runs a 4.46?

Reactions: BAT

Big D

Reaction score
When i think about what we actually need I think, Sure tackler with enough speed to be in coverage. Carter could fit the bill no doubt!

btw Shaquem Griffin is athletic as all hell. If only he had both hands!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
These guys are running better than a lot of the receivers

I was about to say the same thing. These linebackers are running as fast at wr's and rb's at 230+ lbs. I think if we are going to run the 4-3 we need speedy linebackers like we had when we ran the 4-3 with coakleyand nyugen. We need speed to the ball. Especially running this cover 2 zone crap.

btcutter

Reaction score
I was about to say the same thing. These linebackers are running as fast at wr's and rb's at 230+ lbs. I think if we are going to run the 4-3 we need speedy linebackers like we had when we ran the 4-3 with coakleyand nyugen. We need speed to the ball. Especially running this cover 2 zone crap.

LBs can only utilize their speed if we have BIG DT to take up blockers. Sadly our coaches do not think logically.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hopin' Marcus Davenport has a bad workout so we get him at 19:thumbup:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Taven Bryan impressive combine. The guy is definitely an athlete! Was expecting at least a little faster 40 time from Harrison Phillips but he killed the bench press. Is he a 3-Tech or 1-Tech?

Bigdog

Reaction score
I would love to get Edmunds or Smith but I think they will picked before us. Evans is another lb who looks good but I am weary of lbs from Bama. Waner from BYU is o intriguing. He looked smooth in the drills. Has anyone seen him play?