Combine Eve Mock

VACowboy

Reaction score
This mock assumes Sean Smith, Duke Robinson and Ron Brace are off the board. William Moore seems to be slipping and would be an absolute steal at #51, but I doubt he falls that far. Patrick Chung is intriguing. He was productive in college, ultra versatile and has spectacular intangibles--plus, he's a special teams ace. I just think we need to shore up the OL and defensive front seven more than anything.

2) Herman Johnson (OG) - 6-7, 356 - LSU
HJ is huge and powerful with extremely long arms, a huge motor and a nasty demeanor. He's the ultimate masher, the quintessential man blocking left guard, but with his size and arm length, he possesses the ability to play tackle at the next level too. IMO, Johnson is a rare physical specimen with the attitude to make himself a star.

3) Connor Barwin (OLB) - 6-4, 257 - Cincinnati
There are a lot of players that I'd love to take at this position (Rashad Johnson/Gerald McRath), but like Herman Johnson, Barwin is a physical talent that you don't see every day. A tight end the first three seasons of his college football career, Barwin changed positions to DE as a senior, and all he did was lead the Big East in sacks. (Barwin also played 41 basketball games for the Bearcats.) But that's not the whole story. Along with 11 sacks, Barwin tallied 16 TFL, 7 PBU's and blocked three punts in '08. He is an exceptional athlete with great speed, quickness and a tremendous first step. He's a hard worker who plays every down whistle to whistle, a talented FOOTBALL PLAYER with huge intangibles and unlimited potential. Everybody has their pet player. Barwin is mine.

4) Jason Watkins (OT) - 6-6, 317 - Florida
A physically talented tackle with all the tools to play on the left side at the pro level--size, athleticism, great hands and the ability to move well in space. He's not extremely strong or a very good technician, but those are flaws that can be fixed with coaching and a year in a professional weight room.

4) Chip Vaughn (SS) - 6-2, 215 - Wake Forest
Vaughn went to Wake as a wide receiver and ended up on the other side of the ball. He's big, with good speed and ball skills, and loves to lay the wood. Some people project him as an OLB, but I see him as the prototypical strong safety in today's game: he's a force against the run, but can turn and cover tight ends as well. He looks like a poor man's Darren Woodson to me.

5) Kevin Barnes (CB) - 6-1, 188 - Maryland
Big corner with good speed and all the other tools necessary to play in the pros. He picked two passes and broke up five in seven games this past season, but a shoulder injury knocked him out for the rest of the year and will undoubtedly cause his draft stock to slide.

5) Worrell Williams (ILB) - 6-2, 249 - Cal
Sideline to sideline tackler with good pass defense skills. He played the weak side in '07 and moved to the middle this past year in Cal's 3-4.

5) Sammie Lee Hill (DT) - 6-4, 330 - Stillman
Huge, powerful run stuffer with excellent quickness for his size--the immovable rock that we need up front in the middle of the defense. Hill totaled 15.5 TFL and 7.5 sacks in '08, however, so he does a lot more than just occupy blocks. His presence would allow Rat to play more snaps on the outside.

6) Darcel McBath (FS) - 6-1, 197 - Texas Tech
Safety/corner ball hawk with good size and great speed (4.45). He recorded 70 tackles this past season, picked off six passes and broke up seven more.

6) David Johnson (QB) - 6-3, 220 - Tulsa
Bigger than Romo with similar pocket skills. This past season he compiled 3866 yards, 43 TD's and 18 picks with an amazing 10.3 YPA.

7) Brandon Swain (OLB) - 6-4, 256 - West Texas A&M
A talented DE who's production fell off in '08 (8 TFL and 4.5 sacks). His junior year he racked up 24.5 TFL, 14 sacks and 5 forced fumbles.

7) Dallas Reynolds (C) - 6-5, 328 - BYU
Reynolds, who started 37 consecutive games, was a first-team All-Conference performer and leader of one of the best pass blocking lines in the country. He can also play four positions along the OL.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Nice mock although I don't think Barwin falls to the third he might end up being a first round pick.