Combine winners

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Troy Fautanu
Adonai Mitchell
Tre Benson
Braden Fiske
With Fiske, it matched what you saw in FSU games.

Was bittersweet watching Fautanu. Thought it could be special, and it was. But sadly, everyone else got to see it too. Bet we miss out on him by a few selections.

Benson’s speed surprised me. My favorite back prior to the combine. Jordan Reid from ESPN mocked him to the Cowboys in the 2nd.

rambo2

Reaction score

Was bittersweet watching Fautanu. Thought it could be special, and it was. But sadly, everyone else got to see it too. Bet we miss out on him by a few selections.

Benson’s speed surprised me. My favorite back prior to the combine. Jordan Reid from ESPN mocked him to the Cowboys in the 2nd.
I'm thinking that Fautanu will be gone before 24. I would be thrilled to have him. I would be thrilled to have any of those 4. Fautanu or Mitchell in the 1st. Benson or Fiske in the 2nd.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Fiske made himself a few bucks this past weekend. Seriously doubt we see him in the 2nd.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy Fautanu
Adonai Mitchell
Tre Benson
Braden Fiske
I don't really see how you win at the combine.

If you run faster or appear to be more athletic on drills, but it does not show up in the game. How does that make you a better player.

It only means it does not translate to the field.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I don't really see how you win at the combine.

If you run faster or appear to be more athletic on drills, but it does not show up in the game. How does that make you a better player.

It only means it does not translate to the field.

You still have to show up to compete against other athletes. But yeah this isn't a football thing it is an athletes athletic thing. 90% of the evaluation for the teams is done before the combine and of that 10% a large amount is both medical and interviews. The drills and timed events are just a small fraction of how things go down for the draft. No one really jumps up a whole round because of a fast 40 time, but 5-10 spots moved up within is possible.

Aven8

Reaction score

Benson will most likely be gone by 56.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Jaylen Wright has an absolutely monstrous Combine. I've been high on him since I saw him pulling away from future NFLers in Georgia's secondary, and guess what. He backed that up by running a 4.38 at 215 pounds. And then his 11'2" broad jump was the second longest ever for a RB.

Trey Benson got a lot of attention this weekend, but Wright measured in at the same size and beat him in all 3 drills they both did. I'm confused why Wright isn't getting that hype.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Benson didn’t surprise me as I’ve been pounding on the table for him for months. He needs to be our 2nd rounder.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jaylen Wright has an absolutely monstrous Combine. I've been high on him since I saw him pulling away from future NFLers in Georgia's secondary, and guess what. He backed that up by running a 4.38 at 215 pounds. And then his 11'2" broad jump was the second longest ever for a RB.

Trey Benson got a lot of attention this weekend, but Wright measured in at the same size and beat him in all 3 drills they both did. I'm confused why Wright isn't getting that hype.
Hopefully, they come away with Benson or Wright. Watch Benson go right in front of us in the 2nd and Wright go before us in the 3rd.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

I would say strictly game tape, and that is subjective. I prefer Benson, but pick your poison.

csirl

Reaction score
KIckers Rory Beggan and Charlie Smyth. Two of the 4 kickers/punters from Ireland who received combine invites.

There's speculation in the Irish media that they will sign regular NFL contracts in the coming weeks instead of International Player Pathway ones.