Come along and ride on this fantastic voyage...

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Some of those had to hurt....But it was funny as all get out...Amazing how we laugh at others pain :lmao2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
Some of those had to hurt....But it was funny as all get out...Amazing how we laugh at others pain :lmao2:
I know what you mean. I didn't want to laugh, but I couldn't help it.

The last one was classic; dude just left the poor kid standing there...:p:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The guy with the basketball looked like me without the slippery court :(

but overall :lmao:

btw that's one of my favorite Coolio songs :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The guy with the basketball looked like me without the slippery court :(

but overall :lmao:

btw that's one of my favorite Coolio songs :D

Never could dunk the ball, but I blew my ankle up, big-time, goin' in for a layup, in more or less that same manner... hit a wet patch on the floor, presumably another player's sweat, and my foot skidded, and I went down like a bomb... inside of about 10 seconds, my ankle was the size of grapefruit... I mean, it was just grotesque...

Broke the ankle, and tore a number of ligaments... that was the beginning of the end of my basketball days, as the next 2 times I stepped on a basketball court, I broke the same ankle in the same place... the last time, I was just running a basic "weave" drill, planted my foot to cut, and the bone snapped... a coupla buddies ran me up to the emergency room the last time, and I'm sitting there laughing... they thought I'd lost my tiny mind, and asked me what was so funny...

I said "boys, I'm not sure, but I think God's tryin' to tell me my basketball days are over"... and from that day to this, I have picked up a basketball exactly once, to win a free throw shooting wager... I'd always shot at least 80 per cent from the line in organized ball, even going all the way back to junior high ball, and when I mentioned that at a party, I got a lot of skepticism... so a wager was arranged, wherein I claimed if they just gave me 6 free throws to warm up, I could hit a minimum of 8 out of 10 free throws... at that time, it had been like 15 years since I'd touched a basketball...

Well, I took 3 of my alloted 6 warmups, announced I was ready, and promptly hit 31 straight before I missed... suddenly, those guys believed me when I said that at every level of organized ball I played, if I was on the court when a technical was called on the other team, I was ALWAYS the one the coach picked to shoot the free throws...

Best of all, I drank on their dime that night, and I'd gotten REAL thirsty... but I digress...

So I laughed at MOST of those clips, especially the one with the dog that followed his owner up the slide... but I can't see anybody roll an ankle, or fall like that poor schnook tryin' to dunk the ball did, without wincing... for that matter, when I'm warned on ESPN that I'm about to see such an injury, I turn away... when I see such things, I'm vividly reminded of the explosion of pain that accompanies such incidents...

I've hyperextended both knees about forty-'leven times, and that hurts too, but nothing like turning an ankle while you're movin' at warp speed... well, as close to warp speed as my stubby little legs would let me get, anyway... LOL...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Never could dunk the ball, but I blew my ankle up, big-time, goin' in for a layup, in more or less that same manner... hit a wet patch on the floor, presumably another player's sweat, and my foot skidded, and I went down like a bomb... inside of about 10 seconds, my ankle was the size of grapefruit... I mean, it was just grotesque...

Broke the ankle, and tore a number of ligaments... that was the beginning of the end of my basketball days, as the next 2 times I stepped on a basketball court, I broke the same ankle in the same place... the last time, I was just running a basic "weave" drill, planted my foot to cut, and the bone snapped... a coupla buddies ran me up to the emergency room the last time, and I'm sitting there laughing... they thought I'd lost my tiny mind, and asked me what was so funny...

I said "boys, I'm not sure, but I think God's tryin' to tell me my basketball days are over"... and from that day to this, I have picked up a basketball exactly once, to win a free throw shooting wager... I'd always shot at least 80 per cent from the line in organized ball, even going all the way back to junior high ball, and when I mentioned that at a party, I got a lot of skepticism... so a wager was arranged, wherein I claimed if they just gave me 6 free throws to warm up, I could hit a minimum of 8 out of 10 free throws... at that time, it had been like 15 years since I'd touched a basketball...

Well, I took 3 of my alloted 6 warmups, announced I was ready, and promptly hit 31 straight before I missed... suddenly, those guys believed me when I said that at every level of organized ball I played, if I was on the court when a technical was called on the other team, I was ALWAYS the one the coach picked to shoot the free throws...

Best of all, I drank on their dime that night, and I'd gotten REAL thirsty... but I digress...

So I laughed at MOST of those clips, especially the one with the dog that followed his owner up the slide... but I can't see anybody roll an ankle, or fall like that poor schnook tryin' to dunk the ball did, without wincing... for that matter, when I'm warned on ESPN that I'm about to see such an injury, I turn away... when I see such things, I'm vividly reminded of the explosion of pain that accompanies such incidents...

I've hyperextended both knees about forty-'leven times, and that hurts too, but nothing like turning an ankle while you're movin' at warp speed... well, as close to warp speed as my stubby little legs would let me get, anyway... LOL...
Ok your new nickname is Grant Hill ;)

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
WG that was some funny stuff,that last one though was classic,to see the look on that kids face "priceless" :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Ok your new nickname is Grant Hill ;)

More like Spud Webb, LOL... when I was in college, and possessed of more than my fair share of ego, I billed myself as the world's greatest 5 foot, 8 inch basketball player... and I DID make a bit of spare change with my equally short buddy (who COULD dunk a ball), playing members of the football team in offseason 2 on 2 games... used to really piss those boys off, having to pay up afterward...

Basketball was my passion when I was in my teens and twenties... I was the quintessential gym rat... even when I was supposed to be in class while I was at UTEP, you could usually find me either in the gym, or on the golf course...

I tell folks that I majored in golf, and minored in Juarez... but through it all, though I basically blew off my studies, I DID learn something...

I learned that I'm not cut out to be a drinking man, and I'm not cut out to be a fighting man... sure am glad I outgrew both of those nasty little habits, I was gettin' REAL tired of gettin' my butt beat... I only got to thinking I was bad when I was drinking, LOL...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear said:
More like Spud Webb, LOL... when I was in college, and possessed of more than my fair share of ego, I billed myself as the world's greatest 5 foot, 8 inch basketball player... and I DID make a bit of spare change with my equally short buddy (who COULD dunk a ball), playing members of the football team in offseason 2 on 2 games... used to really piss those boys off, having to pay up afterward...

Basketball was my passion when I was in my teens and twenties... I was the quintessential gym rat... even when I was supposed to be in class while I was at UTEP, you could usually find me either in the gym, or on the golf course...

I tell folks that I majored in golf, and minored in Juarez... but through it all, though I basically blew off my studies, I DID learn something...

I learned that I'm not cut out to be a drinking man, and I'm not cut out to be a fighting man... sure am glad I outgrew both of those nasty little habits, I was gettin' REAL tired of gettin' my butt beat... I only got to thinking I was bad when I was drinking, LOL...
The Grant Hill reference refers to that until this year everytime Grant tried to play he broke his ankle again.

silverbear

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
The Grant Hill reference refers to that until this year everytime Grant tried to play he broke his ankle again.

Whooooosh... that was the sound of your joke, goin' right over my head...

It sucks that you had to explain the context, but that was really funny... once you 'splained it to me, I had a good laugh...

The last time, the doctors told me I probably needed to put a pin in it, to guard against it ever happening again, but I decided I was pushing 30, and I'd probably played enough adult league basketball... I've always been resistant to folks cuttin' on me, doctors told me when I was 18 that I needed knee surgery on both knees... that was nearly 35 years ago, and my knees remain uncut... oh, they ache on me every once in a while, but not all that often, really...

What really suffered from my basketball days was my HANDS... I've broken every finger except my thumbs, many of them multiple times... basketball will do that to ya... I can't even flip anybody off any more, 'cause both my middle fingers kinda go off on an angle, and it just looks weird...

I spent most of my time in college with two or more fingers taped together...