Come to the River and be saved

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Parcells is a beaten down, tired old man who lives in the past with Marc Bavaro, Phil (Not Chris, thx Smarta!) Simms and his beloved Lawrence "I'm Not a Distraction" Taylor.

He is set in his ways and, in time, will wear down his teams emotionally, questioning their manhoods.

Parcells sees every budding star as someone to stomp on, to continuously question his skills, heart, ability, endurance and health.

I see Parcells slow to give Romo a pat on the back and so quick to come down on him for too much self-confidence. Wouldn't such a public slap-down be better handled in a meeting room between the two? Why give the opposing team insights into a player of his?

I see a coach who seems to have a muddled game plan. Or acquiesces to one that does not launch an aerial blitz on a devastated secondary in Seattle?

One that used MBIII -- his battering ram, his T.D. machine -- for all of a handful of plays.

One who ordered -- or again, acquiesced -- into turning receiving stars Glenn, and T.O. and Witten into nonfactors.

One who is hard-headed and does not change up the woeful defense.
The pass rush was not working 8 weeks ago. Why didn't it change to adjust?

Come to the river and be saved.
Reject the wrong road and Parcells.
Rejoice and accept Romo and T.O. and Glenn and Witten and JJ and MB as your saviors.

Raise your hand and accept the trinity (well, four) of Ware, Carpenter, Williams and Newman who just need one blue-chip gunner down the middle for all to succeed. Anoint in holy oil the offense and the defense -- loaded with talent -- with a new head coach who can adjust quickly to the Dallas playbook. Or to a better playbook.

Rise and be saved. Without Parcells. With the talent that the Cowboys have. Talent that needs to be developed by a coach from this Century in Dallas and not the 1990s in New York.

Parcells must go and never darken our stadium again.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I completely agree though.

The game has passed this old man up.

He may be a HoF coach but its from what he did 20 years ago... not today.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
whenever you're done, the chances that he's back for one last hurrah are probably better than him leaving.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1302165 said:
whenever you're done, the chances that he's back for one last hurrah are probably better than him leaving.

Still, I gotta say what I think. Time for him and Jerra to move on.

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin