Comics and Movies

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Confused about Marvel's new direction?

Here are some Youtubes I found showing what is confirmed. More cancellations confirmed than anything. All those post-credit sequences and large timelines they like to present at conventions mean squat now. If a movie flops, they don't continue. Disney Plus is the big loser. They say it costs too much to do the FX on those with no theater profit. They are trimming the fat. Most of the obscure characters or spin-offs are going away unless it was already made. Keeping it simple, more like the first Marvel movies.

Deadpool 3 is the only movie this year and they're using the famous Deadpool 4th wall comedy as a device to also redesign the storylines. Was the only movie they were confident enough to release this year as they scrap and re-do the whole MCU franchise.

Confirmed cancelled movies:
  • Antman 4 (Antman 3 didn't do well enough)
  • Eternals 2 (First one didn't receive well. Was only supposed to be an X-Men alternative, but they have rights to it now.)
  • Avengers 5: Kang Dynasty (Avengers 5 still on, Jonathan Majors out but rumors of re-casting, Avengers 5 still on but no one knows official story)
  • A-Force (the female Avengers movie, think of that scene in last Avengers movies where they are all fighting together, Captain Marvel 2 was the girl power test and didn't do well)
  • Captain Marvel 3 (see above)
Confirmed cancelled Disney Plus series:
  • Ironman Armor Wars (too expensive
  • She-Hulk Season 2 (too expensive)
  • Echo Season 2 (too obscure)
Confirmed cancelled one-shots (these were supposed to be short movies on Disney Plus, mostly cancelled because too expensive or just want to simplify):
  • Silver Surfer
  • Scarlett Witch vs Agatha
  • Sentry (was supposed to be origin story to setup Thunderbolts movie, will be merged into it)
  • Ghost Rider (rumor is goes to Doctor Strange sequel or Midnight Sons movie)
  • Vision
Confirmed greenlight movies: (but could change or be cancelled, still greenlit for now though)
  • Shang-Chi 2
  • Captain America 4 (many re-shoots, pushed back, supposedly Nomad's Capt America character and Captain Marvel the new leaders of Avengers like Iron Man and Capt America were, Red Hulk confirmed)
  • Avengers 5 and 6 (supposed to still be doing Secret Wars story, but no Kang, rumor is Doctor Doom is new big bad guy)
  • Midnight Sons (see video game, the "dark" avengers)
  • Nova (rumor is they may cancel though and merge into the better producing Guardians of Galaxy IV)
  • Fantastic Four (see posts here on official cast)
  • X-Men
  • Spider-Man 4
  • Venom 3 (rumor is Spider-Man will be in it too, confirmed as last one but Marvel will keep Kevin Hardy/Venom in other stuff)
  • Thor 5
  • Thunderbolts (pushed back, but still greenlit)
  • Blade (actor reportedly didn't like all the scripts, and finally have one they agree on)
Confirmed greenlight Disney Plus series: (rumor is anything already finished, they will go ahead and release, unlike DC)
  • Ironheart (young Ironman version, already finished)
  • Daredevil
Supposedly greenlit:
  • Young Avengers
  • solo Scarlett Witch movie
Craziest rumor:
  • DC's Superman actor Henry Cavill is confirmed for a Marvel role but no one knows what it is yet. Some rumors are saying he might be the new Wolverine.

Great collection of Infos, if true.

But this just does it for me. I'm completely done with the MCU or Marvel in general. I never read the comics or knew about this stuff other than what was in the movies. Then Iron Man came and I was hooked until endgame. Now it's all just forced in female Mary sue heroes, PC bullcrap and agendas.

And yes I don't care anymore that I sound like an 80 year old redneck sitting on his porch with a gun on his knees. Just recently cancelled Disney+ too.

It all started with Tony for me and it ended with him too. His story arc was the driver to sit even through the weaker films at times. It's a friggin disgrace to replace him the way they are going to. That alone is enough for me to not watch that stuff anymore. And I even liked the first Captain Marvel movie with it's 90s vibe and Brie did a good job imo. So there was potential. But they had to run it into the ground after that because... well the force is female or whatever.

nobody

Reaction score
That looks really terrible.
I liked it in the 90's. Coincidentally enough, I rewatched the first couple of episodes a few months ago because they were free on youtube. It had some interesting concepts, but in general was terrible in hindsight. It got cancelled before it could hit its stride though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comic book fans ASSEMBLE! Please do not click below if you have not seen X-Men '97 episode 6 or The Marvels yet. :muttley:

This last episode has me loving and disliking it at the same time. It excited me the Shi'ar was firmly reintroduced into the series. They were introduced in The Uncanny X-Men franchise title back in the 1970s.

However, it is abundantly clear the reintroduction is tied heavily upon the old Operation: Galactic Storm storyline from the early 1990's. That sucker was HUGE and ran through 15 or more Marvel titles but here's the kicker. The O:GS conflict ran through various titles associated with The Avengers. The mutants were not really in the storyline until AFTER the Shi'ar/Kree War ended.

nIr9WYL.png

This is my geeky problem. The Avengers are already in the MCU. Disney/Marvel have the mutants on-track for introduction into the MCU. The 1990's X-Men series DID have an episode featuring a Captain America cameo from World War II connected with Wolverine but that was the only solid loose continuity thread to both animated series. So these are my geeky questions:

Will Marvel insert The Avengers into X-Men '97? Would that course of action be a confirmation both the original and current animated X-Men series, along with what was shown at the end of The Marvels, exist in an alternate reality? And finally, how in the bloody hell can X-Men '97 have future episodes covering the Shi'ar/Kree War WITHOUT The Avengers???

Glad I got all that off my chest. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Comic book fans ASSEMBLE! Please do not click below if you have not seen X-Men '97 episode 6 or The Marvels yet. :muttley:

This last episode has me loving and disliking it at the same time. It excited me the Shi'ar was firmly reintroduced into the series. They were introduced in The Uncanny X-Men franchise title back in the 1970s.

However, it is abundantly clear the reintroduction is tied heavily upon the old Operation: Galactic Storm storyline from the early 1990's. That sucker was HUGE and ran through 15 or more Marvel titles but here's the kicker. The O:GS conflict ran through various titles associated with The Avengers. The mutants were not really in the storyline until AFTER the Shi'ar/Kree War ended.

nIr9WYL.png

This is my geeky problem. The Avengers are already in the MCU. Disney/Marvel have the mutants on-track for introduction into the MCU. The 1990's X-Men series DID have an episode featuring a Captain America cameo from World War II connected with Wolverine but that was the only solid loose continuity thread to both animated series. So these are my geeky questions:

Will Marvel insert The Avengers into X-Men '97? Would that course of action be a confirmation both the original and current animated X-Men series, along with what was shown at the end of The Marvels, exist in an alternate reality? And finally, how in the bloody hell can X-Men '97 have future episodes covering the Shi'ar/Kree War WITHOUT The Avengers???

Glad I got all that off my chest. :laugh:
Another very good episode. I have one question for Storm though: "...starting to heal"???

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When she smeared the cactus salve on his chest. It immediately healed, and she said something about "It's starting to heal".
Just spitballing. I re-watched the part of episode 4 when Forge was first bitten for more insight in what I was guessing.

The Adversary is a being who feeds on an individual's negative emotions, especially misery and fear. It was attracted to Forge and Ororo's internal pains. Forge was miserable that his invention designs had been corrupted into hurting fellow mutants. It bit Forge for two reasons. First, deepening Forge's misery through the helplessness of his infection. Second, invoking Ororo's natural claustrophobia and depression over losing her powers while trying to help Forge.

The Adversary miscalculated. He almost broke Storm, twice, but it pushed her beyond her internal fears. It made her regain the hero resolve she had before, which kickstarted her mutant ability. The Adversary created its own defeat. It is immortal, so I would not be surprised if it ever returned at some point.

Back to Forge and your question. Yep. His mother's magical book did have a cure for the demonic infection. The suave healed the wound and toxic growth. However, that was the physical cure. Metaphorically, Ororo told Forge that his internal disillusionment over the harm, he had inadvertently caused her and other mutants because of his genius, was something his mother's medicine could not cure. So, the suave helped start Forge's healing but the actual healing was incomplete. That would be Forge's responsibility to cure on his own.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.cbr.com/rumor-the-og-silver-surfer-will-appear-in-the-fantastic-four/

Norrin Radd's Silver Surfer Rumored to Appear in The Fantastic Four Reboot​

A new rumor claims that the original Silver Surfer will still appear in the Fantastic Four despite Julia Garner's casting.

8811f46ffa08117570fd43fa38081539.jpg
ha. Radd's appearance would not surprise me if true. I did assume they may be sticking with the Earth X storyline that contains Norrid and Shalla Bal as Silver Surfers early this month.

This rumor makes me believe that would be their reasoning but my question is why there would not be a casting announcement along with Garner's? I have no clue but it gives me the impression that Norrid's role may by minor in comparison to Shalla Bal's.

It would not be the first time a character was in-and-out of an MCU movie in quick succession. Charlie Cox's Matt Murdoch came-and-went in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Sometimes, I really really dislike cameos. :(