Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shakman has a strong television directing resume, including episodes for Succession, The Boys, Billions, Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Heroes Reborn, Fargo, Psych, Mad Men, House, Ugly Betty, The Nine, Everybody Hates Chris, Boston Legal and, of course, WandaVision. Good mix of overseeing drama and comedy with a healthy dose of satire thrown in also. Movies are a different beast though.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Shakman has a strong television directing resume, including episodes for Succession, The Boys, Billions, Game of Thrones, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Heroes Reborn, Fargo, Psych, Mad Men, House, Ugly Betty, The Nine, Everybody Hates Chris, Boston Legal and, of course, WandaVision. Good mix of overseeing drama and comedy with a healthy dose of satire thrown in also. Movies are a different beast though.

I was a little apprehensive when it was announced that the Russo’s would be taking over Captain America, but they obviously knocked it out of the park. Based on that, and how much I enjoyed WandaVision, I’m giving this the benefit of the doubt.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What madman picked Quicksilver to beat Flash?
ha ha. I had another thought on the matter.

I wonder how many voters for Quicksilver saw X-Men: Days of Future Past, witnessed Pietro (sorry "Peter" :rolleyes: ) running so fast saving Erik and Logan, and seeing prison guards and them frozen in slow motion so much they looked like statues. Then they watched Barry run fast enough to both BREAK and REVERSE the freaking flow of time in Zack Snyder's Justice League...

Sit back.

And say to themselves:

"Wow. Quicksilver is faster than The Flash!"

:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Basically the same. Kon-El has telekinesis also. He is a clone who processes solar energy far slower than someone born on Krypton, so their power levels are not the same.
Well, as much of a Spider-Man fan as I am, I don't see how he'd have the slightest chance against someone with those powers.

nobody

Reaction score
Well, as much of a Spider-Man fan as I am, I don't see how he'd have the slightest chance against someone with those powers.

I think they're on equivalent power levels.. At the time, Spider-man had a ton more experience and his Spider-sense. He beat he herald of Galactus before (Firelord)

Given equivalent power levels (even if their powers differed in nature), Experience will probably win.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think they're on equivalent power levels.. At the time, Spider-man had a ton more experience and his Spider-sense. He beat he herald of Galactus before (Firelord)

Given equivalent power levels (even if their powers differed in nature), Experience will probably win.
Okay, so Superboy is nowhere near as powerful as Superman...like, not even in his dreams.

quickccc

Reaction score
I was a little apprehensive when it was announced that the Russo’s would be taking over Captain America, but they obviously knocked it out of the park. Based on that, and how much I enjoyed WandaVision, I’m giving this the benefit of the doubt.

seeing how i am skeptical about Wanda Vision ..especially the I love Lucy bid .. i'll have to look at his other resume credentials which i approve of Mad Men, Games of Thrones
If he was a part of the first two Fargo's ..i'm a fan of his ...

Boston Legal, House and of course ..the Boys .. is enuff to suggest to me yeh let's see if he can " finally" resurrect the ghosts of FF ...to which i really believe is gonna be the Last Hurrah for FF franchise .

...and hate to depend upon the movie review critics .. but it's gonna be up to the critics to seal it ... the FF studios have disappointed and it's gonna take quite a bit
for the public to trust FF again ... :oops:

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...in-marvel-again/ar-AA11JVi1?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Brie Larson isn't sure that "anyone wants" her to play Captain Marvel again

Since starring as the intergalactic superhero Captain Marvel in the MCU’s first film focused on a woman lead, Brie Larson has faced the constant ire of sexist Marvel fanboys and their twitchy Twitter fingers. Utilizing the classic online tool of misogyny, that specific group of fans has review-bombed Captain Marvel, gotten mad at her cheeky Instagram posts, and dissected her to a degree that reads as overly invested for people that hate her.

That’s a lot for anyone to handle, and Larson seems to be well over the internet trolls as revealed in an interview at the D23 Expo this past weekend

eb35739d81b6416007cb7d6fdd1a4afc.jpg

a84a203062d17cbe04f76903d7de5fc5.jpg

eb69fbf8d129ef5c0656222ce413b1c4.jpg

01da0bce4f7321a7082240fab495734b.jpg

e33857f7c2662ede5ac2d6fd275d642e.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
seeing how i am skeptical about Wanda Vision ..especially the I love Lucy bid .. i'll have to look at his other resume credentials which i approve of Mad Men, Games of Thrones
If he was a part of the first two Fargo's ..i'm a fan of his ...

Boston Legal, House and of course ..the Boys .. is enuff to suggest to me yeh let's see if he can " finally" resurrect the ghosts of FF ...to which i really believe is gonna be the Last Hurrah for FF franchise .

...and hate to depend upon the movie review critics .. but it's gonna be up to the critics to seal it ... the FF studios have disappointed and it's gonna take quite a bit
for the public to trust FF again ... :oops:

The Fantastic Four didn’t fail, Fox did. Just like they failed with Daredevil, Elektra, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and ultimately even tanked the X-Men.

Marvel’s track record is entirely different.

quickccc

Reaction score
ha ha. I had another thought on the matter.

I wonder how many voters for Quicksilver saw X-Men: Days of Future Past, witnessed Pietro (sorry "Peter" :rolleyes: ) running so fast saving Erik and Logan, and seeing prison guards and them frozen in slow motion so much they looked like statues. Then they watched Barry run fast enough to both BREAK and REVERSE the freaking flow of time in Zack Snyder's Justice League...

Sit back.

And say to themselves:

"Wow. Quicksilver is faster than The Flash!"

:laugh:

do i need to watch the Director's cut to see the Flash's great feat ?

Juggernaut

Reaction score

Reminds me of the 70's movie The Beast Must Die.
I rather enjoyed that one and might watch as my midnight movie tonight after a night cap.
I agree @Corso, I too was getting The Beast Must Die vibes from the Werewolf by Night trailer as well.

Maybe we will get Mahershala Ali as Blade in Lockhart's role. Or just a cameo. Enjoy The Mads tonight.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 Arguments Every DC Comics Fan Has Been In
By Gab Hernandez | Screen Rant
September 12, 2022

Temp-1400x700(63).png

The DCEU is in seemingly dire straits. The recent WB-Discovery merger has led to many cancellations, some of which were DC projects such as Batgirl. Regardless of what these projects’ quality would have been, fans do agree that it’s a terrible situation for all the creative talents involved.

Still, these cancellations have reignited some old arguments. After all, the DCEU has had a bit of an identity crisis lately. Mostly because DC fans can’t seem to agree on what DC should be, whether it’s in comics, movies, or video games. So much so, that some talking points have been repeated over and over.

Read more

• "Superman's Boring Because He's Overpowered"
  • "The Snyder Films Don't Understand DC"
  • Can A Prepared Batman Be Beaten By Anybody"
  • "Marvel Is Grittier Than DC"
  • "New 52 Was Mid"
  • "Damian Wayne Is Annoying"
  • "Evil Superman Is Interesting"
  • "Barbara Should Have Stayed As Oracle"
  • "Wally Or Barry?"
  • "Should Batman Kill The Joker?"

Answer: Barry. Final answer. Do not pass "Go."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Titans Season 4 Casts Bosch Star Titus Welliver as Iconic DC Villain
By Russ Burlingame | comicbook.com
September 12, 2022

Titus Welliver, the Bosch and Deadwood star who has also appeared on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Castlevania, has been cast in the role of Lex Luthor on Titans. The actor, according to the EW story, is actually a big DC fan, who has been waiting for a call like this for years. This is as good a time as any for him to play the role, considering that the series' upcoming fourth season will deal with the revelation that Superboy was cloned in part from Luthor's DNA, a twist introduced in the comics from by writer Geoff Johns.

Superboy will be dealing with that reality throughout the season, and while it's unlikely we'll get to see the other half of his DNA matrix (after all, there are already two different live-action Supermen currently in action), Lex is making his first DC TV appearance since the end of Supergirl, The CW series which starred Superman IV: The Quest For Peace star Jon Cryer in the role.

Read more