Comics and Movies

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#2 Man of Steel (Made up for that wreck Superman Returns)
Agree 100%. Superman Returns was basically a sequel to Superman: The Movie, which had three follow-up films already. To this day, I do not understand how Brandon Routh won that role.

I still hold a high opinion of Snyder's presentation of Man of Steel. There are a few things I would add or change if I had been sitting in the director's chair but not much at all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

5 actors who could play Booster Gold in the hero’s upcoming HBO Max series

By Anthony Orlando | digitaltrends
February 6, 2023

James Gunn recently announced an HBO Max series about the time-traveling superhero Booster Gold that will be part of the first chapter of his DC Universe. For those unfamiliar with this character, he is a lowly human from the 25th century who goes back to the present day with advanced technology and becomes a famous superhero.

Described by Gunn as the “superhero story of imposter syndrome,” Booster Gold will likely take a comedic approach to bring the underrated and unconventional character to life. And the studio still has to find an actor to play this cult comic book hero. DC will need someone with enough charm and comedic chops to play everyone’s favorite golden boy, and here are a few candidates who would be perfect playing Booster Gold.

Read more

Jack Quaid
Hughie in The Boys.

Neil Patrick Harris
Neil Patrick Harris in Uncoupled.

Ryan Reynolds
green-lantern-movie-image-221.jpg

Chris Pratt
Star Lord flying a ship in Guardians of the Galaxy

Glen Powell

Hangman in Top Gun: Maverick.

Just my two cents. Quaid? No. Too quirky. Harris? No. Too old and quirky. Reynolds and Pratt? No fresh enough for a brand new character personality.

Powell? Perfect. Alan Ritchson is another name, not mentioned in the article, who would might be casting material.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

5 actors who could play Booster Gold in the hero’s upcoming HBO Max series

By Anthony Orlando | digitaltrends
February 6, 2023

James Gunn recently announced an HBO Max series about the time-traveling superhero Booster Gold that will be part of the first chapter of his DC Universe. For those unfamiliar with this character, he is a lowly human from the 25th century who goes back to the present day with advanced technology and becomes a famous superhero.

Described by Gunn as the “superhero story of imposter syndrome,” Booster Gold will likely take a comedic approach to bring the underrated and unconventional character to life. And the studio still has to find an actor to play this cult comic book hero. DC will need someone with enough charm and comedic chops to play everyone’s favorite golden boy, and here are a few candidates who would be perfect playing Booster Gold.

Read more

Jack Quaid
Hughie in The Boys.

Neil Patrick Harris
Neil Patrick Harris in Uncoupled.

Ryan Reynolds
green-lantern-movie-image-221.jpg

Chris Pratt
Star Lord flying a ship in Guardians of the Galaxy

Glen Powell

Hangman in Top Gun: Maverick.

Just my two cents. Quaid? No. Too quirky. Harris? No. Too old and quirky. Reynolds and Pratt? No fresh enough for a brand new character personality.

Powell? Perfect. Alan Ritchson is another name, not mentioned in the article, who would might be casting material.
Glen Powell looks just like the character in my book.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

X-MEN: 10 Storylines Marvel Studios Could And Should Eventually Adapt For The MCU's Mutant Saga

By Josh Wilding | ComicBookMovie.com
February 10, 2023

As we write this, Phase 5 is about to begin and take us even deeper into Marvel Studios' Multiverse Saga. While a Fantastic Four reboot will be part of that, Kevin Feige is clearly in no rush to put a new spin on the X-Men franchise, something that's hardly a surprise when Fox came close to destroying the property.

We have, however, had a couple of "m" word mentions, with Ms. Marvel and Namor both confirmed to carry the X-Gene. The X-Men's MCU debut is clearly on the horizon, but likely not until after Avengers: Secret Wars is released.

Our hope is the team will debut and finally battle comic-accurate Sentinels, but there are countless stories Marvel Studios can tell in that first movie and beyond. Whether it's sequels or spin-offs, the X-Men should be a massive part of the MCU and we have some ideas for the stories the studio needs to strongly consider borrowing from in the coming years.

Read more

10. Return of the King
9. Deadly Genesis
8. Mutant Massacre
7. Broodfall
6. E Is For Extinction
5. Avengers vs. X-Men
4. The Dark Phoenix Saga
3. Astonishing X-Men
2. House of M

1. Schism

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Batman Looms Large in The Flash's First Poster

By Germain Lussier | Yahoo!News/Gizmodo
February 10, 2023

<snip>

trEY9M5.png

Read more

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

From Spider-Gwen to Dark Phoenix, 5 MCU roles Millie Bobby Brown Would Fit in Like A Glove

By Hamza Qazi | Netflix Junkie
February 10, 2023

Screenshot-2023-02-10-at-5.43.25-PM-e1676031280462-1140x600.png

In recent times, we witnessed a transition in Hollywood. Our favorite stars are slowly getting older, and many emerging young actors are taking over the film industry. And when we talk about popular newcomers in Hollywood, one cannot forget Millie Bobby Brown. The Stranger Things star is one of today’s most renowned and bankable actors. And at the mere age of 18, the British actress has achieved what many can only dream of.

Over the past few years, Brown has become a global phenomenon. Owing to her incredible performance in the sci-fi series Stranger Things, Brown’s prominence has sharply risen in Hollywood. Furthermore, the actress even produced and starred in the detective drama Enola Holmes, featuring Henry Cavill as Sherlock Holmes. While Brown has starred in various roles, one genre that she is yet to explore is the comic book genre. So, here are five roles Millie Bobby Brown can play in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What MCU characters would Millie Bobby Brown be a perfect fit for?

The comic book genre, as we all know, is massive. While there are many films and shows in that genre, a plethora of characters and untold stories still remain. And a handful of roles would fit Brown like a glove.

Read more

1) Spider Gwen
2) Power Princess
3) Dark Phoenix
4) Invisible Woman

5) Black Cat

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Icon Vs. Hardware #1 Preview: Worlds Collide Again

By Jude Terror | Bleeding Cool
February 10, 2023

It's time for another thrilling crossover from the new Milestone as Bleeding Cool brings you the preview of Icon vs. Hardware #1.

Read more

GyB5Dmb.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

NEXT STOP, “MURDERVALE”

Dark Horse Comics
February 9, 2023

What if by trying to escape the hell of daily life, you’ve instead actually entered hell?

It’s time to travel to the middle of nowhere with Murdervale, a new horror graphic novel by Vicente Cifuentes, to be available in English for the first time! Originally published as three books under SAF Comics, the Dark Horse Books paperback edition will collect all three graphic novels into one.

Victor and Sara are going through a rough spell. Stress from work leads to constant arguments, but when Victor collapses, the couple decides it’s time to go on a vacation—doctor’s orders! With no destination in mind, they get in the car and drive. They encounter a shopkeeper who tells them about a town so remote it isn’t even on the map. When they manage to find it, Victor starts to get the feeling the town isn’t what it seems. Worse yet, Victor’s medication is causing nightmarish hallucinations—but what if they’re real? Now, it’s no longer about making sure their relationship survives–it’s about making sure they do.

“Murdervale has been one of the works that have brought me the most joy personally,” Cifuentes said, “not only when I started to write it, but also after the years, seeing how fans keep asking me for a new installment. When I started writing the first book, I could not imagine what I was really creating, I used it more as an artistic and personal catharsis; I needed to release this story into the world.

Read more
fknLaGm.jpg

nobody

Reaction score

From Spider-Gwen to Dark Phoenix, 5 MCU roles Millie Bobby Brown Would Fit in Like A Glove

By Hamza Qazi | Netflix Junkie
February 10, 2023

Screenshot-2023-02-10-at-5.43.25-PM-e1676031280462-1140x600.png

In recent times, we witnessed a transition in Hollywood. Our favorite stars are slowly getting older, and many emerging young actors are taking over the film industry. And when we talk about popular newcomers in Hollywood, one cannot forget Millie Bobby Brown. The Stranger Things star is one of today’s most renowned and bankable actors. And at the mere age of 18, the British actress has achieved what many can only dream of.

Over the past few years, Brown has become a global phenomenon. Owing to her incredible performance in the sci-fi series Stranger Things, Brown’s prominence has sharply risen in Hollywood. Furthermore, the actress even produced and starred in the detective drama Enola Holmes, featuring Henry Cavill as Sherlock Holmes. While Brown has starred in various roles, one genre that she is yet to explore is the comic book genre. So, here are five roles Millie Bobby Brown can play in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What MCU characters would Millie Bobby Brown be a perfect fit for?

The comic book genre, as we all know, is massive. While there are many films and shows in that genre, a plethora of characters and untold stories still remain. And a handful of roles would fit Brown like a glove.

Read more

1) Spider Gwen
2) Power Princess
3) Dark Phoenix
4) Invisible Woman

5) Black Cat
Wow, that pic makes her look like her mid to late 20's rather than 18.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

X-MEN: 10 Storylines Marvel Studios Could And Should Eventually Adapt For The MCU's Mutant Saga

By Josh Wilding | ComicBookMovie.com
February 10, 2023

As we write this, Phase 5 is about to begin and take us even deeper into Marvel Studios' Multiverse Saga. While a Fantastic Four reboot will be part of that, Kevin Feige is clearly in no rush to put a new spin on the X-Men franchise, something that's hardly a surprise when Fox came close to destroying the property.

We have, however, had a couple of "m" word mentions, with Ms. Marvel and Namor both confirmed to carry the X-Gene. The X-Men's MCU debut is clearly on the horizon, but likely not until after Avengers: Secret Wars is released.

Our hope is the team will debut and finally battle comic-accurate Sentinels, but there are countless stories Marvel Studios can tell in that first movie and beyond. Whether it's sequels or spin-offs, the X-Men should be a massive part of the MCU and we have some ideas for the stories the studio needs to strongly consider borrowing from in the coming years.

Read more

10. Return of the King
9. Deadly Genesis
8. Mutant Massacre
7. Broodfall
6. E Is For Extinction
5. Avengers vs. X-Men
4. The Dark Phoenix Saga
3. Astonishing X-Men
2. House of M

1. Schism
I'd rather see the X-Men in an MCU series, after a movie debut.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve already forgotten how they explain Gamora coming back. So much to keep up with in these MCU Movies and TV Shows nowadays.

I like the Flash trailer the best, but both of them look like fun watches.
Do we know how she came back, or do we have to watch the movie to find out? Obviously she's from a different universe...Well, it  seems obvious, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

nobody

Reaction score
Do we know how she came back, or do we have to watch the movie to find out? Obviously she's from a different universe...Well, it  seems obvious, but I could be wrong.
It was explained in Endgame....when events were changed. So it's sort of a past Gamora who still served Thanos willingly before her change of heart.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was explained in Endgame....when events were changed. So it's sort of a past Gamora who still served Thanos willingly before her change of heart.
I have to watch that again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve already forgotten how they explain Gamora coming back. So much to keep up with in these MCU Movies and TV Shows nowadays.

I like the Flash trailer the best, but both of them look like fun watches.
I have to watch that again.
I would say Gamora was begrudgingly obeying Thanos rather than willingly. She was constantly searching for ways to stop the Mad Titan, especially by keeping him from gaining access to the Infinity Stones.

Her strategic subtefuge subtext can be viewed early at the 1:15.30 mark of Avengers: Endgame, when Nebula accidentally projected a holographic conversation of The Avengers' plan to capture the stones--due to a crazy cross-connection between the future Nebula's and her past self's tech. Gamora tried and failed to throw off Thanos' curiosity by describing the event as a glitch.

In regards to Gamora #2, the audience must remember she was slightly older than the original one seen in Guardians of the Galaxy Voi 1. She would have been even more cold and savage towards others than when she finally met up with her Scooby Gang. It would have been the only way to keep her sanity in check serving under Thanos.

As far as time travel in A:E, I would recommend these video marks:

31.50 - Lang's rambling hypothesis of time travel
39.30 - Stark's proving Lang's hypothesis with a working time model (he is such a freaking super genius :rolleyes::) )
59.23 - Banner's breakdown of the consequences of time travel

One important thing to remember. This was all time travel, not trans-dimensional travel between universes (although the time traveling was conducted through the quantum realm). Gamora was from the past existing in the same universe, not from another universe. Just adding that for consideration before The Flash debut. That movie will be about time paradoxes, which Stark was able to avoid with his big brain, lol.

nobody

Reaction score
I would say Gamora was begrudgingly obeying Thanos rather than willingly. She was constantly searching for ways to stop the Mad Titan, especially by keeping him from gaining access to the Infinity Stones.

Her strategic subtefuge subtext can be viewed early at the 1:15.30 mark of Avengers: Endgame, when Nebula accidentally projected a holographic conversation of The Avengers' plan to capture the stones--due to a crazy cross-connection between the future Nebula's and her past self's tech. Gamora tried and failed to throw off Thanos' curiosity by describing the event as a glitch.

In regards to Gamora #2, the audience must remember she was slightly older than the original one seen in Guardians of the Galaxy Voi 1. She would have been even more cold and savage towards others than when she finally met up with her Scooby Gang. It would have been the only way to keep her sanity in check serving under Thanos.

As far as time travel in A:E, I would recommend these video marks:

31.50 - Lang's rambling hypothesis of time travel
39.30 - Stark's proving Lang's hypothesis with a working time model (he is such a freaking super genius :rolleyes::) )
59.23 - Banner's breakdown of the consequences of time travel

One important thing to remember. This was all time travel, not trans-dimensional travel between universes (although the time traveling was conducted through the quantum realm). Gamora was from the past existing in the same universe, not from another universe. Just adding that for consideration before The Flash debut. That movie will be about time paradoxes, which Stark was able to avoid with his big brain, lol.
I realized after I made the post that it was more of a grudging following... I just didn't go back and correct myself. Mainly it was to just explain where this Gamora came from.