Coming on ESPN News... JFE reporting

jwhardin

Reaction score
Has Campo ever coached a 3 -4,contrary to some opinions, I believe the boys have the personnel to also run a 4-3.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I don't think much of the little ball of FRUMP, but she's right. With all the O coaches gone, it makes sense that we bring in O coaches. Jason and Norve would just about take care of what we need. Norve as HC/OC and Jason as QB/OC. Bring in a WR coach and let Sporano take care of the OL/Run game and we'll be fine.

Campo i'm not thrilled with, but Jerry knows him and maybe, just maybe we plan on playing more 4-3 and mixing in some 3-4?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;1344345 said:
#2 She mentioned that there is talk that Dave Campo will also be brought back in - now she did not mention whether or not he would be the Dcoord but considering he is currently a secondary coach in Jax I guess hed have to be out Dcoord.

:ralph::nolook: :drunk: :gassy1: :blech: :cry2: :insane: :jerk: :eek:hno: :puke:

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Rocky Boiman is on ESPN News now. Talking about how low he felt when Parcells cut him on the last day of camp. He's now getting ready to play in the SuperBowl.

How ironic.

ghst187

Reaction score
interesting...since our DEFENSE was what needed fixing the most!
My vote is for a defensive minded HC and let JG run with the offense.
We need someone with a plan for our defense specifically. I think we can run the 4-3 OR the 3-4...someone just has to have a plan and be able to concoct a blitz package that actually gets to a QB

MONT17

Reaction score
thats funny they didnt put her face on!!! She must be butt ugly!!!

:lmao:

Mansta54

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1344392 said:
Rocky Boiman is on ESPN News now. Talking about how low he felt when Parcells cut him on the last day of camp. He's now getting ready to play in the SuperBowl.

How ironic.

Ahh you would probably get that same response from all the players who got cut on the last day of TC on any team. Thats nothing new..

CoCo

Reaction score
It does seem we have the personnel to play either 3-4 or 4-3.

Campo wouldn't be my first choice. I think he's certainly solid, but not outstanding. I don't think there is much risk of tragedy but not much chance of a real high ceiling either.

The worst part of a Campo hire will be the griping from this board that will come with it. A certain % of that will be legit, same old, same old etc. But much of the criticism will be overblown too and it will be replayed every single time we lose a game.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CoCo;1344494 said:
It does seem we have the personnel to play either 3-4 or 4-3.

Campo wouldn't be my first choice. I think he's certainly solid, but not outstanding. I don't think there is much risk of tragedy but not much chance of a real high ceiling either.

The worst part of a Campo hire will be the griping from this board that will come with it. A certain % of that will be legit, same old, same old etc. But much of the criticism will be overblown too and it will be replayed every single time we lose a game.
Honestly 90% of time, all message boards involve some sort of griping, especiall over a loss.

If Campo is brought back we could run it with Ware/Coleman and Ellis/Hatcher at DE with Spears, Fergy and Canty brought inside with Ratliff. A pretty nice rotation imo. At LB, Carp, Ayodele and Burnett/James would be pretty adequate. I can see us doing all right if we revert to a 4-3.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well with the 4-3 we dont need huge DTs like we would with the 3-4......right now we dont have that huge DT anyway.

We could still get a DT like Terdell Sands in FA....and maybe that helps to fill out our DT rotation

DT
Ferguson
Sands (FA)
Spears
Ratliff

DE
Ware
Canty
Ellis (might not be able to return)
Bowen
Redding (FA)
Robison (draft)

LB
OLB Carpenter
OLB Ayodele
ILB James
OLB Burnett
OLB Banta-Cain (FA)
ILB DeOssie (draft)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wrangler87;1344343 said:
She actually prefers to wait on Rivera. But will take Philips also.

Plain and simple, she seems dead set against Turner.

That is very good for us.
How is that? She have Jerry's ear?

CowboyJohn

Reaction score
If Campo is brought back, I think 2/3's of the fans will be on suicide watch...the thought of that idiot patrolling the sidelines as the D-Coordinator is as comforting as seeing Van Halen with a washed up David Lee Roth and Wolfgang on bass....horrible, just horrible....:banghead:

Deputy493

Reaction score
CowboyJohn;1344611 said:
If Campo is brought back, I think 2/3's of the fans will be on suicide watch...the thought of that idiot patrolling the sidelines as the D-Coordinator is as comforting as seeing Van Halen with a washed up David Lee Roth and Wolfgang on bass....horrible, just horrible....:banghead:

2/3 of the fans you refer to would be revisionist uneducated Dallas fans then.

Campo was a very good defensive cooridnator for us, just a bad HC. If you recall, he was our DC the last time we won the Superbowl and as DC he coached from upstairs, not on the sidelines. It would not be hard to turn this team back into a 4-3 base.