Commanders coach Joe Gibbs said he thinks Mark Brunell can play another couple seasons

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Commanders coach Joe Gibbs said he thinks Mark Brunell can play another couple seasons.

Brunell looks likely to start next season, but Jason Campbell could compete for the starting job.

Feb. 25 - 2:34 pm et
Source: Washington Post

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Commanders | Gibbs talks quarterbacks
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:41:56 -0800

Washington Commanders head coach Joe Gibbs discussed the team's quarterback situation at the NFL Combine Saturday, Feb. 25. Gibbs confirmed the team is trying to move QB Patrick Ramsey. The team is working closely with agent Jimmy Sexton to see if they can arrange a trade. They also want to do what is best for the team. Gibbs is not sure a trade will happen. Gibbs also said he is confident in his quarterback situation. The team really likes backup QB Jason Campbell and they feel that QB Mark Brunell is coming off his best NFL season ever.

sago1

Reaction score
Thought I read earlier today that Brunell had refused to restructure his contact. Can the Skins still afford him if he doesn't change his mind?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
By the time Bledsoe and Brunell retire, they'll be eligible for social security.

Parcells and Gibbs love dem some fossils at the QB position. :D

trueblue1687

Reaction score
OHHHH the horror!!! Another player over 30 in the league!! Seemed to do a nice job of torching us last year if I remember correctly. Must just be a fluke.

burmafrd

Reaction score
as fragile as Brunnell has been over the last 5 years or so, If I were GIbbs I would not count on him making it through another full season.