Commanders defense cowboys defense which one would you take..

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
based on how both defenses performed last year,and on what both teams has added or subtracted thus far this offseason,and last but not least based on both teams D coordinator philosophy's,which unit you expect to play better this upcoming season...Let me start the debate,i take the SKINS..I know you all are surprised..:laugh2: But seriously what is your take on this debate?

ZenItRam

Reaction score
how is this a debate? And how would you expect Cowboy fans to respond?

Sorry, but this thread is useless....

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I understand that you are being a homer. But at least give your reasons for picking the Commanders. Please and thanks.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
I understand that you are being a homer. But at least give your reasons for picking the Commanders. Please and thanks.

Why, when you didn't ?

Edit...sorry, pointed at the wrong guy...

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Cowboys
Breakdown

DL- DAL>WSH
LB DAL=WSH----DAL has(Ayodele,Ware,James,...)WSH has(Washington, Clemons,Marshall...)
CB-DAL>>>>>>>>>>WSH---DAL has(Henry, Glenn, Newman) vs. WSH has(Springs, Rogers,...)
SS- DAL>>>>>>>>>>WSH---DAL has(ROY WILLIAMS) vs. WSH(Archuleta)....nuff said
FS-WSH >>>>>>>>>DAL---WSH has(Sean taylor) vs. DAL(???????)

davey999

Reaction score
redskins1 said:
based on how both defenses performed last year,and on what both teams has added or subtracted thus far this offseason,and last but not least based on both teams D coordinator philosophy's,which unit you expect to play better this upcoming season...Let me start the debate,i take the SKINS..I know you all are surprised..:laugh2: But seriously what is your take on this debate?

Skins. Better coaching, better personel.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
redskins1 said:
I will wait until after the Draft to choose. It makes no sense to consider it as of right now as both teams are in transition mode from end of season to off season to Free Agency to Draft to Training Camp. There is a lot that can happen between now and then.

Because I feel you just want your ego stroked or to start a mud slinging I will say this, the Skins have a very good defense. I hope you feel better.

:grin:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
redskins1 said:

Let's see......I love the Cowboys......let me think about this.....is it a TRICK question? :banghead:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I like the Cowboy much better... Burgundy and gold is so ugly

Skip

Reaction score
redskins1 said:

My take is that until the season starts and the teams have finished putting the team together it's stupid to try to say. However I must add that I could never pick the Skins to do anything other than make a show with who they get and then flop during the season. :lmao2:

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
let me make it clear,i didnt come your board to troll..its the offseason no games to debate..so i just like getting a feel from our biggest rival on what has transpired thus far in the offseason between our teams..just fun healthy discussion..I come in peace...Now lets continue!!!

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Commanders are a bit better right now.
Cowboys will be much better longer term. (We have some great young kids who are still developing)

Hope that helps.

Ken

Reaction score
I would also like the offseason to play out....

But I will say with certainty that Williams is a far superior DC than Zimmer.

I also will say with Certainty that I will take our CBs and DL over yours.

Your safeties are probably better.

I will take our LBs as well, soon as we fill the strong side.

I guess the thing that makes it interesting is your DCs dominance over ours.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Well, last year the Commanders allowed 293 points per game, the Cowboys allowed 308. They were 9th in yards allowed and 9th in points. The Cowboys were 10th and 12th. Their defense had less than spectacular games, ours had less than spectacular games.

The Commanders ended last season on a roll, the Cowboys faded because of poor OL play and having so many rookies and first time starters getting most of the playing time on defense.

The Commanders added a LB/DE from a defense that ranked 30th in points and 32nd in yards, and a safety from a defense that ranked 31st in points allowed and 30th in yards. The Cowboys added a LB from a defense that ranked 6th in points and 6th in yards.

Even with Gregg Williams, I'll take the Cowboys. last year was the first for many of the players and the defensive coordinator running a 3-4, and despite the fade they handled it pretty well.

I don't marvel too much at offseason trophies. Too much can happen in the offseason and during the course of camp and the actual season. Players get hurt, some get into trouble, some just don't pan out or blend in well.

We now return you to your regular programming.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
redskins1 said:

First, this offseason is not yet over, so this thread is a little premature... but I'll play along:

I'd take the Cowboys' defense, then I'd take Gregg Williams to coach them... LOL...

Seriously, no disrespect to the Skins' D, but the Cowboys finished just one spot behind them in the total defense stats, and that was in spite of going to a totally new scheme, and working in a LOT of rookies in the lineup-- Ware, Canty, Spears...

Even more impressive is that they did that while watching their linebacking corps get devastated... I mean, 4 linebackers wind up on IR, two of them starters, and of course linebackers are the heart and soul of a 3-4 defense...

Our defense is younger, so while they're nearly as good as the Skins' defense right now, they seem to me to have a higher ceiling... they can still get a good deal better, and probably will...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
First, this offseason is not yet over, so this thread is a little premature... but I'll play along:

I'd take the Cowboys' defense, then I'd take Gregg Williams to coach them... LOL...

Seriously, no disrespect to the Skins' D, but the Cowboys finished just one spot behind them in the total defense stats, and that was in spite of going to a totally new scheme, and working in a LOT of rookies in the lineup-- Ware, Canty, Spears...

Even more impressive is that they did that while watching their linebacking corps get devastated... I mean, 4 linebackers wind up on IR, two of them starters, and of course linebackers are the heart and soul of a 3-4 defense...

Our defense is younger, so while they're nearly as good as the Skins' defense right now, they seem to me to have a higher ceiling... they can still get a good deal better, and probably will...
I'd say that post was a pretty accurate and fair assessment as the 2 defenses stand right now.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'd say that post was a pretty accurate and fair assessment as the 2 defenses stand right now.

Yay, me... if only I had a Sharpie, I'd whip it out of my sock right now... LOL...