Commanders fans are Internet savvy

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/11/Commanders-fans-are-internet-savvy.html

Since Pro Bowl voting began on Oct. 13, the Commanders have put out out quite a campaign. According to the totals, Washington has four players among the top-10 vote getters regardless of position and conference.
The Cowboys? Only one - Jason Witten at No. 10.

Running back Clinton Portis is No. 2, tight end Chris Cooley is No. 6, wide receiver Santana Moss is No. 6 and quarterback Jason Campbell is No. 9. If that's not a challenge for Cowboys' fans, I don't know what is. I think I know the reason why the Commanders are doing so well. Check this out. How could Jerry Jones not have thought of this?
Voting on NFL.com runs through Dec. 9.

As for the Cowboys, quarterback Tony Romo and wide receiver Terrell Owens are not among the top five at their positions. DeMarcus Ware is the only Cowboy to lead his category, outside linebackers. Witten and Flozell Adams are No. 2 among tight ends tackles, while Marion Barber and Deon Anderson are third at RB and FB.

Nick Folk, Felix Jones (kick returner) and Keith Davis (special teamer) are fourth in their category. Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, Ken Hamlin and Zach Thomas are fifth at center, guard, free safety and inside linebacker.

Alright boys its time to start voting we cant let the Skins fans have all the fun.

Post this link in every forum you know of that has alot of 'Boys fans

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

yimyammer

Reaction score
I say don't vote for any Cowboys, these guys need hunger and humbling.

I'm sick to deah of hearing about how many pro-bowlers we had last year.

Maybe being ignored by the pro-bowl might raise their game next year.

I'll be more than happy with one Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl win like the Giants had last year

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis have the numbers to back up the voting. Snatana Moss is hot and cold this year, and Cooley has fallen off last year's pace, but both are still putting up Pro Bowl numbers.

As evidenced by last years Dallas representation, Pro Bowlers guarantees a team nothing but recognition.

Romo not being in the top 5 shouldn't shock anyone. Aside from the missed games, his INT total hurts him a lot. I think Ware deserves a spot in the top 10 overall though.

As for TO, his name is the only thing getting him votes, he hasnt done squat.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I fail to see how Campbell deserves 9th while Romo gets left off.

att/comp % yards TD/INT RAT
147/227 64.8 1887 15/7 99.9
198/307 64.5 2122 9/3 90.3

Who should have more votes? Or are we looking at number of starts? We certainly know that one is the most valuable QB on the team and the other is not.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Extreme;2428853 said:
Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis have the numbers to back up the voting. Snatana Moss is hot and cold this year, and Cooley has fallen off last year's pace, but both are still putting up Pro Bowl numbers.

As evidenced by last years Dallas representation, Pro Bowlers guarantees a team nothing but recognition.

Romo not being in the top 5 shouldn't shock anyone. Aside from the missed games, his INT total hurts him a lot. I think Ware deserves a spot in the top 10 overall though.

Campbell's #s do no such thing. His #s are average, except for the interceptions.

Portis is a pro bowler, no question.

Romo's thrown 7 interceptions. Several QBs have thrown far more. He'll likely be back in the pro bowl if he finishes well.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Let the skins vote in their players, then they will all want raises and screw their cap even more. its a popularity contest anyways.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2428883 said:
I fail to see how Campbell deserves 9th while Romo gets left off.

att/comp % yards TD/INT RAT
147/227 64.8 1887 15/7 99.9
198/307 64.5 2122 9/3 90.3

Who should have more votes? Or are we looking at number of starts? We certainly know that one is the most valuable QB on the team and the other is not.
Wow, Campbell and Romo have both completed more than they have attempted. I take it back, they're both probowlers :laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
3 Commanders can make a legitimate case for the Pro Bowl:

Chris Samuels
Clinton Portis
Santana Moss

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Extreme;2428853 said:

HUH? campbell has bus driver stats. romo has better stats and missed 3 games. i don't even think campbell will break 15 td's or crack the 7 ypa. you know there is a reason cambell isnt throwing ints. he's taking sacks, not taking chances and only throwing to wide open players. there is a word for those kinds of qb's. they're called game managers. when your incredible running game isn't working you are, for the most part, screwed.

Daudr

Reaction score
I haven't voted at all this year. The only 2 that really deserve it are Witten and Ware IMO. We have some others that are close, but until we see more I'm not wasting my time voting this year.

Jay

Reaction score
I agree that the only 2 I'd throw in there are Witten and Ware, but I do believe that Romo should be considered. It's quite obvious how valuable he is to our team, but you can't be leaving Drew Brees out of the NFC Pro Bowl, that's for sure. Campbell, to me, just doesn't do enough for his team. Sure he limits his INTs but boy did he take a ton of sacks against us and like someone said, he may not even have 15 TD's, not even 1 TD a game, which is pretty sad for a QB.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
It would be nice to see any of the Cowboys refuse to go if they don't do squat in the playoffs, though.

I have no problem with Portis being nominated. Campbell showed he was a player early in the season but what has he done the past month? His numbers are pedestrian at best. But I couldn't really care less if he goes. We had how many players last year and I still didn't watch the game.

Jay

Reaction score
I think if you get voted to the Pro Bowl you should be going, as long as you're healthy--it's a game for the fans. If Witten or Ware get voted in, which I guarantee they will, they deserve that trip to Hawaii. Those two have been warriors for us. Ware has had some big sacks, he is phenomenal in coverage for an OLB, he is solid against the run and is never driven back, stays home 95% of the time. He plays the game the way it should be played.

Witten plays through injuries and does everything. Even on SNF when Madden keyed in on him but then said he didn't have that great of a block, it didn't even matter, because he was still effective in shielding his man. He has had what? 2 drops the whole season? That one against the Commanders it seemed he clapped to Tony to throw him the ball then was surprised how fast it got there--never made the adjustment. You don't see that too often.

Don't forget that last season we had 3 Pro Bowlers on the OL--think any of them make it back? I'm gonna go ahead and say they don't.

Hamlin isn't gonna make it back. Neither will Roy Williams. Greg Ellis made it last year, right? No chance there. Newman has been out too long IMO. There are better ILBs than ours. Ratliff could possibly get some votes, Spears and Canty just seem too middle of the pack. It's hard for a DE in the 3-4 to make the Pro Bowl if you ask me, other DEs get all the sacks but ours are asked to do a completely different job. We're gonna go from a ton of Pro Bowlers to maybe a couple. Witten, Ware, Romo, Ratliff and Barber are the only ones I think have a shot at this point in the season, Folk just hasn't done enough this season to get the vote over other guys in the NFC.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I'm not voting.

I voted last year.. 13 Pro Bowlers, really nice, and a quick Playoff exit.

There's only three guys I'd consider for the voting. Maybe four.

Witten, Barber, Ware, and Ratliff. Romo missed 3 weeks.. makes it hard for him to squeeze in.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2428853 said:

Portis does Campbell doesn't. Campbell numbers aren't better than Romo's.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I haven't voted yet, but I will.

Ware, Witten, and Romo will all get votes from me. I will be voting for Portis as well and maybe Samuels.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yimyammer;2428807 said:
I say don't vote for any Cowboys, these guys need hunger and humbling.

I'm sick to deah of hearing about how many pro-bowlers we had last year.

Maybe being ignored by the pro-bowl might raise their game next year.

I'll be more than happy with one Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl win like the Giants had last year
I agree 1000%.