Commanders lock up Jon Jansen

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1362275 said:
I know right? at least James looked to be improving, and has his whole career ahead of him

Yeah, unfortuntely they call that "Fool's Gold" Let's hope we can shine Brady into a player this year, other wise that may have been the worst BP investment of his era.

Pabst

Reaction score
As a person, it's awesome. I've met Jansen before, and let me tell you, it's really hard to dislike the guy. He's well-spoken, nice, and down to earth. I'd bet that anyone on this board that sat down and talked with him would enjoy the experience. As a Dallas fan, I can say he is my "favorite" (And I use the term loosely) Commander.

That being said, I don't think it's a great move on the Commanders' side. Jansen was pushed around a lot this past year, and you can tell his legs aren't nearly as strong as they were in his first 4 or 5 years in the league. He is a high-character guy, however, and those are always good for a team.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Pabst;1362662 said:
That being said, I don't think it's a great move on the Commanders' side. Jansen was pushed around a lot this past year, and you can tell his legs aren't nearly as strong as they were in his first 4 or 5 years in the league. He is a high-character guy, however, and those are always good for a team.

This could just be another way to get around the salary. I bet he doesnt see most of that money. He has restructed for several years in a row now, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him continue. If anything, we have a good backup for those years to come. Lord knows we could actually use some of that.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
MarkBrunell;1362204 said:
Its only a good move if we keep Dockery also. If we give an extension which is not for cap relief to Jansen then we should resign Dockery too.

Otherwise, we have our entire offense locked up for a long time. Its the defense that worries me.

Actually it was for cap relief, the DEADSKINS are over the cap AGAIN and needed to free up some money

MarkBrunell

Benched
Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1363036 said:
Actually it was for cap relief, the DEADSKINS are over the cap AGAIN and needed to free up some money

No it is not. It has been disclosed by the Commanders PR that this move was solely to reward Jansen on being a great player. I dont know how you cant a love a player who continues to play with broken thumbps and a partially torn calf.

The Deadskins btw have already restructured a few contracts and will do some more to get enough cap room.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
He did say that outside of retiring in Washington, he wants to continue to see Dallas never win a playoff game during his pro career. Seems he's more than halfway there. ;)

p.s.- I'm just playing around. Its the offseason. So before the venom comes flying back......LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS. My team was worse than yours.