Commanders release shawn alexander..

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Do some of you just watch the waiver wire so you can be the first to start a should we sign this has been......

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The English language does not contain a word that succinctly demonstrates the negative answer to that question.

:bang2:

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
jobberone;2443640 said:
Do some of you just watch the waiver wire so you can be the first to start a should we sign this has been......

That is the primary focus for many on this board. Throw enough poo at the wall and something is bound to stick, then you can be the first to say "**** i am the shizznittle! I am so smart I told you guys this would happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneeleventy!"

jbsg02

Reaction score
crazy to think a guy only a couple years removed from being the mvp can't even find a team to play for.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
jbsg02;2443764 said:
crazy to think a guy only a couple years removed from being the mvp can't even find a team to play for.

rb's are almost all oline play. barry sanders was a rare exeption. i'll say it again. football is all about the lines.

jman

Reaction score
Boyzfan31;2443126 said:
We are very thin at RB, do you think he is worth signing????
I know he sucked after he got all that money but for a backup insurance policy maybe??? what do you think???

You mean do what the Commanders did?

Yeah, that's smart...Geeze

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2443809 said:
rb's are almost all oline play. barry sanders was a rare exeption. i'll say it again. football is all about the lines.

And its way past time to drop the misconception that he had no blocking or nobody around him. He had two guys who were perennial probowlers in the OL as well as the advantage of running against alot of 6 man fronts on defense, because the Lions spread the field with 3 and 4 WR's virtually every play.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Well, at least by signing him, we would get a consolation prize for losing those #1 draft picks in the Joey Galloway trade (which I believe Seattle used one of to draft Alexander).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would just as soon stay with Barber, Choice and if need be bring up Coleman from the PS.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have Cricket get the carries (and every game I hope that Cricket gets no carries).

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
It would be hard for me to comment on this since the last time I saw Shaun Alexander play was the playoff game against Seattle.

We are in need of some kind of RB, but if he brings nothing to the table, then there is no point in signing him.

Would the Cowboys be able to work him out first before signing him?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2443127 said:
god no.

His career is finished if the Commanders don't want him as a backup to their backup.

Yes, cause the Commanders are just hurting at running back. I mean their running game is ONLY third in the league...and Portis is ONLY leading the league in rushing...I mean his career MUST be dead if he can't crack that lineup...:rolleyes:

That bit of sarcasm out of the way -- he does suck. If he can't gain yards here then...

dfense

Reaction score
Boyzfan31;2443126 said:
We are very thin at RB, do you think he is worth signing????
I know he sucked after he got all that money but for a backup insurance policy maybe??? what do you think???
Let me see, he had his pick of teams in the off-season, signed for next to nothing with Washington. Gets cut as the like 5th string back. ahhh no.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Lets just get the whole team in on this.. Sign him and alert the media that he's been signed to be our starting RB over Barber.. A distraction that could carry us straight to a Super Bowl, invisible.

Brad0Walker

Reaction score
He would be a great pickup, He isnt that old and still has tons of speed and power. I'm sure the Commanders just wanted to keep him as a secret weapon for the playoffs but had to let him go now b/c of salary cap issues. And i hear that DT they signed is a pro bowl caliber player, yet another secret weapon. I be we can get him for around 3 or 4 million a year. Great investment for years to come.

http://img169.*************/img169/2492/nationalsarcasmsocietycbv0.jpg

:bang3: