Commanders | Team gives Willie Blade a tryout

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I bet Blade crapped his pants when the Commanders called him for a tryout...oh wait, he did that here... ;)

Scotman

Reaction score
Blade = Talent plus very little motivation.

Noble = Motivation plus very little talent.

Either way you end up with the term "potential" and a lack of success. Glad those days are in the rearview mirror.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Mon, 8 May 2006 10:54:57 -0700

Gary Fitzgerald, of Commanders.com, reports the Washington Commanders gave free agent DT Willie Blade (Cowboys) a tryout at their weekend minicamp.

He was part of the long and proud tradition of Cowboy washouts designed to eat up Washington salary cap space.His free agency move to the skins followed Jerry's brilliant plan to place the aging and injured Deion there.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
I'm shocked.

The Commanders taking on a washed up/worthless ex-Cowboy along the DL?

Noble, Zellner, Demetric Evans?

Now Blade.

Demetric Evans actually played well for us last year as a situational pass rusher. He's lousy against the run though.

Its unfortunate that the staph infection in Nobles leg nearly cost him his life and makes it unlikely he will be able to play football again.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
He was part of the long and proud tradition of Cowboy washouts designed to eat up Washington salary cap space.His free agency move to the skins followed Jerry's brilliant plan to place the aging and injured Deion there.

I cursed the day Deion became a Commander. He truly was overage and past his prime when we signed him, then he bailed out of training camp on us when Schottenheimer became coach...as he knew Schottenheimer was no-nonsense.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Yeah he did, think he had an ACL injury in his first or second preseason game with them. Don't think he ever got on the field for the regular season.

I thought he was solid, not spectacular, but solid. I wouldn't lump him in with the rest of those guys though.

He played in 2004, not 2005. He had to take off the 2005 season with a staph infection in his leg that was resistant to antibiotics. He lost nearly 40 lbs and its affected his ability to walk/move.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Good for him. I hope he makes the team.:lmao2: