Twitter: Comp Pick Update

InTheZone

Reaction score
anyone who thought Iloka was taking Heaths spot was only kidding themselves, and I don't mean in the he's protected like our QB kind of way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
anyone who thought Iloka was taking Heaths spot was only kidding themselves, and I don't mean in the he's protected like our QB kind of way.

Good to know, because that would be a silly thing to say.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What if Wilson is better than iloka? He can then be cut. Heath will play out his last year but iloka might get cut if Wilson can play. Of course Frazier may end up the odd man out since he can't cover a snail.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There will be fans hoping he's trash because they are in love with future picks.
and right on cue

I would hope he is good enough to beat out Heath.

If he can't even do that, cut him instead of keep him. Pick up the 5th.
Yeah I am not sure what people are having an issue with.

If Iloka can't beat out Heath then he's probably not very good and Frazier likely could do what Iloka can as a backup. So why keep him on the roster to ride the bench?

No one suggested cutting him to save a potential 5th round pick. People said cut him if he can't play (which would be the case if he couldn't beat out Heath who is arguably one of the not all that good SS in this league).
that 175th pick in the 2020 Draft is going to be the Prince that was Promised

you might end up with someone like Iloka(167)

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If he cant beat out Heath then he absolutely need to be released if we can get a 5th Rd pick,i am sure we can make do with Wilson .

So if he still plays well in camo & preseason, but isn't named the starter, release him because we are so deep at safety. Awesome.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Last offseason everybody was begging to sign IIoka, then we signed him this year and everyone wants to cut him for a 7th round draft pick.

I don't think the word irony is even applicable here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd say the staff already feels Iloka will beat out Heath, otherwise they wouldn't have acquired him to begin with.

He'll be highly likely to stick around for 2019. It's going to take Donovan Wilson the necessary time to develop.

Last edited:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
they'll cut him and pick him back up, same they did with Thompson

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
If he don’t look like the second coming of Darren Woodson during training camp/preseason, ✌️. Damn right, I value that draft pick more than an old average vets

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

• Dallas: The Cowboys, with an equal number of CFAs lost and gained, are currently only eligible for a net value 7th rounder that won’t make the 32 pick limit. There is a chance that George Iloka, signed for only $1.02 million, might not earn enough to qualify. But if he does, Dallas may be forced to cut him if they want to pick up a 5th round comp pick for Cole Beasley. The Cowboys have precedent in cutting players for comp pick reasons, as they did so last season with Deonte Thompson to pick up a 4th round comp pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
https://overthecap.com/2020-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5-13-2019/
-------------

If Iloka can't beat out Heath, I would just as soon cut him to pick up the comp pick if he qualifies.

We may as well consider Iloka cut now. We're not keeping him around if it costs us a 5th round pick. No way.

They could explain the situation to him and offer him enough of a pay cut so we don't lose the pick. If he wants to go elsewhere, that's fine.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We may as well consider Iloka cut now. We're not keeping him around if it costs us a 5th round pick. No way.

They could explain the situation to him and offer him enough of a pay cut so we don't lose the pick. If he wants to go elsewhere, that's fine.
I assume the Cowboys front office knows the options.

But all stated, if he can't beat out Heath, no reason to keep him around.