Comparing Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, and Paxton Lynch: Arm strength edition

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
As the offseason drags along and we all wonder what is to become of Sam Bradford's future with the Eagles, the obvious question if Howie Roseman and the gang decides to part ways will be, "Who's gonna replace him?"

If the Eagles were to move on from Bradford, they would instantly become prime candidates to draft a quarterback in the first round. And even if they kept Bradford, it might not be the worst idea anyway.

The consensus top three quarterbacks in the 2016 NFL Draft are North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, Memphis' Paxton Lynch, and Cal's Jared Goff. We'll compare those three quarterbacks trait-by-trait over the next couple weeks, beginning with arm strength.

Arm Strength
Watching Carson Wentz throw in person at the Senior Bowl, I came away very impressed not only with his arm strength, but the ease with which he makes throws that require velocity. It just looked effortless to him. It was fun watching Wentz rip a sideline throw with zip, and then the next quarterback up throwing lollipops by comparison.

Wentz's arm shows up in games. I found similar sideline throws by Wentz, Lynch and Goff, that serve as good examples of the kind of arm strength each quarterback has. On the eye test alone, you can see that Wentz's sideline throw clearly gets there with more velocity than Goff's or Lynch's. It's not close.

The rest of the story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I, personally, believe we are at least a year late but let's just focus on the present. Right? Draft one of these 3! Don't get cute and go defense with that #4 pick. Don't make me projectile vomit. Get the future now! Again, Romo is one solid hit away from the shuffleboard squad.

My order of preference:

1. Goff
2. Wentz
3. Lynch

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Freakish hands. 11.5 inches, the larger ever recorded for an NFL QB.