Comparing Zeke to HOF RBs

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LAWRENCE Taylor was league mvp high on crack cocaine. So there's that which flies in the face of your notion and services suspensions because of his addiction.

You have now decided that because I stated a truth that a suspension can be considered when voting on a player for the HOF I DID NOT say that automatically prohibits anyone from getting in. Taylor was on and played a big part in winning a Super Bowl, was a NFL MVP and was a couple times the defensive player of the year and led the league a couple times in most tackles, and led the league in sacks one year.

What I did say was in reference to Elliott based on his 4 years thus far. A downward trend on rushing yards and a 6 game suspension and based on that he would not get into the HOF nor is it anywhere near a lock that someday it would get in. As I also said that Elliott is young enough that he could turn things around and maybe at some point get into the HOF but based on his 1st 4 years that's not likely.

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you even finish reading what I wrote? I directly addressed what you wrote and gave you my reasoning why there is little hope that he will return to his rookie year or possibly even his 2018 year. Try again.

I need stats to prove it because there are still lots and lots of people talking about how great he still is as the best RB in the league, he probably doesn’t even make top 5 now.
So, as I suspected, you're answering other people instead of speaking to me. Happens a lot on here.

aria

Reaction score
So, as I suspected, you're answering other people instead of speaking to me. Happens a lot on here.
No, I answered you directly. Do I really need to copy and paste my direct response to you that starts with “I understand”?

Thomas82

Reaction score
If only there was a way to check and see how Emmitt did during those years. If only there was a way for me to see that among 38 qualifying backs from 1996-2004, Emmitt was 30th in yards per attempt with a paltry 3.9 yards per carry. If only there was a way to see that over the same span, Emmitt was 20th in rushing yards per game, 34th in receiving yards per game and dead last in yards per catch. If only there was a way to see that besides being a warm body, Emmitt was far below the production that a league average back created during that time span. If only there was some kind of tool one could use to look all this up.

If I remember correctly, Emmitt has (when he retired at least) the NFL record for most rushing yards after turning 30.